NEW TO FORUM

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome ..from way to sunny Arizona
saludando.gif

HELLO AND WELCOME
saludando.gif
from Kickapoo Acres in Southwestern Ohio, USA! Always glad to have newcomers here...and especially nice when they come from exotic places!
yes.gif
(yes...Ireland is exotic to US!)
wink.gif

I'm part Irish & just love the Emerald Isle!
biggrin.gif

That is funny!

I saw craic and I knew where you were from!!!!!!!!!

I live in Maine and have lived here for almost 14 years!

I am from Co. Dublin, the rest of my family are still there!!

Welcome!

Where are you from?

Fiona

just nipped into work, for a delivery.... thank you all so much for your greetings..

so what about ya !!?

craic - does mean what's going on, having fun etc....

Now Nancy if you are asking what *fanny* means, i have a feeling you know already !!

as my daughter would tell you politely - it's your ' front bum' - we talk about our bum bags - you know the ones go round your waist. My kids find it hilarious in us films, when the word fanny bag is used !!
biggrin.gif

FIONA, great to hear from u did u have horses when u where in Dublin, they are trying to start an Irish mini register. I love Dublin.

As jane filled you in, I live just 20 mins from Belfast . 1/2 way between the capital and Newcastle (co.Down) where the MOUNTAINS OF MOURNE SWEEP DOWN TO THE SEA !

I can hear you all singing now.

We are very central, to ports/ airports - from dublin it is now less than 2 hours away, we have a brill new road. It used to take close to 3 hours, as only 1/2 of it was motorway. Yes believe it.

Thank you all for your warm welcomes, i do love the states. I have 2nd cousins in

Lowell, Michigan. I first met in 1986, our grannies are sisters, I have kept contact and we have visited each other. My eldest son Jamie has spent the last 2 summers in Minneasota with a host family, they lived in the north a place called Little Falls. Lovely family, and they helped Jamie find me a gorgeous head slip for my pressie.

Norman (husband) and I visited New York at the end of Jan this year, we had a blast, I wish I knew a lot of you then, I could have spent an extra week visiting !! If anything after visiting Ellision Island, most of you guys gotta be related to someone over here.

It is a wonderful place, and I always have an open door. (usually because my lot can't close it behind them !) we have moved on a bit from the QUIET MAN - but they still say all those red heads have fiery tempers, bit like the sorrel horses I have.

will send pics when i figure out how to do it !

lillian

Morning from NY and me! I can hear your lovely brogue as you tell us your story. If you get to NY again drag our Jane along and come for a long sit down. Welcome again.

Hi Lillian,

Yes, I did have horses in Ireland! I started riding just after I could walk! My sister and I had a few wonderful, sometimes naughty ponies! Mostly Connemeara mixes or so they said!!!

I did the whole pony club thing in Co.Wicklow for years, it was a brilliant time! Great memories, we had such freedom we would ride all day everyday when we could. I lived right on the Co.Wicklow border!

We used to make trips to Belfast as a kid to shop, our favorite stop was Boots chemist!!!

The changes in Ireland are incredible, we were home in February!!

America is great I love it! BUT I do miss Ireland and the Irish ways!! I miss the irish craic!!

Fiona

Oh My Goodness, I'm reading your post with an Irish accent
laugh.gif
It will take me the rest of the morning to look up what you've said...this is great fun...Thank you for joining our forum.
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Welcome from Oregon! I hope you continue to give us some more Irish/English definitions.......I love it. Sandy

Another warm welcome from Boise, Idaho!

And thanks for the new words! I have just learned my new thing for today!!!
biggrin.gif

hey you guys ! What about ya ! and how's it hanging ?

Hello to Fiona, I love Wicklow and the vale of Avoca, Ballykisangel, that's the program Colin Farrel got his break. They may not know Avoca but they sure as be darned know Colin Farrel !!

Back to work now, don't want to be here at all. Wishing I was at home twiddling by thumbs ! or doing a jigsaw.

Thank you all for the great messages...hello to Canada I've only been to Toronto, and cried the whole time. I was 15 and had left my boyfriend at home. I snivelled and gurned at Niagra Falls !! I did end up marrying him so I was justified ?

Yes Jane I was supposed to be on holidays ended up here 3 mornings of my 4 off !!

That's what happens when you live to close to your work... and the boss knows your number.

lillian xx
wink.gif

AS IF BY MAGIC said:
Now Nancy  if you are asking what *fanny* means, i have a feeling you know already !!
as my daughter would tell you politely - it's your ' front bum' -  we talk about our bum bags - you know the ones go round your waist.  My kids find it hilarious in us films, when the word fanny bag is used !!
biggrin.gif

We are very central, to ports/ airports - from dublin it is now less than 2 hours away, we have a brill new road.  It used to take close to 3 hours, as only 1/2 of it was motorway.  Yes believe it.

Thank you all for your warm welcomes, i do love the states.  I have 2nd cousins in

Lowell, Michigan.  I first met in 1986, our grannies are sisters, I have kept contact and we have visited each other.  My eldest son Jamie has spent the last 2 summers in Minneasota with a host family, they lived in the north a place called Little Falls.  Lovely family, and they helped Jamie find me a gorgeous head slip for my pressie.

lillian

423939[/snapback]

LOL!!!!! Yes, Jane was kind enough to provide me with the European meaning of Fanny! LOL!!!! I don't think I will ever say "Get your Fanny on over here" again, with out laughing hysterically!!
wink.gif

Ok, a couple more translations if you would be so kind? Motorway??? Is that like our Highways? A paved road with 2 or more lanes? And if you don't have a motorway, what do you travel on?
wacko.gif

Next, What is "a Head Slip for your Pressie"??? LOL!!! This is a Blast! Thank You Lillian!
wink.gif

And then to keep this Mini related - How many Mini's do you have and in what colors? Can't wait to see pics!
aktion033.gif

Nancy
488.gif

Hello from dayton, Ohio
saludando.gif
saludando.gif

Actually, my family and I were just in your LOVELY country - 2 weeks ago...it was our second time to travel there and, I have to say...I LOVE IT EVEN MORE THE SECOND TIME...It is perhaps one of the most beautiful places in the world!!! It truly is Gods country!!

I have Irish hertiage so, it was a treat to visit the places my family lived. And, I have to say...my most favorite part of Ireland... WAS THE PEOPLE...you guys are the most warm and welcoming people ever...you sure do make people feel at home!!!!

Welcome to the forum...your are gonna love the people here too!!!! Its a fantastic group of kind, caring, horse loving people!!
yes.gif

Lisa

nancy,

Yep a motorway has at least 3 lanes of traffic - most of our roads would be dual-carriages with roundabouts (ha Ha !!)

When my friends from Michigan where over they had the best fun going round the roundabouts in the roads ..

head slip - cable halter never forget your pressies- PRESENTS !! OOPS GIFTS !!

I have 9 minis at the moment 2 foals to date - 1 in the oven. 2 of my mares I sold last year are also back with their foals to get re-covered. I bought all of my foundation stock from Jane (rabbits fizz). 2 of above inc 1 palomino stallion + sorrel stallion. I had twice as many last year,but have been building new home and my horses where in rented fields every where. I lost a yearling with paralasis of the throat, i blamed myself. so hopefully finished new house in a couple of months, and i can get myself sorted again.
aktion033.gif

Hi lisa from DAYTON - i have actually been in your AIRPORT !! I have friends in Madison just out side Cleveland. Where did you travel to in Ireland, north or south. We really do take things slow don't we !

We rented a car and, grabbed our map...and, off we were! We traveled along the shores...the ring of kerry...cliffs of Moher...kenmare, killarney, limerick, cork...river shannon. It was AMAZING...We just loved every minute!!! we stayed at B&B's - Sheen falls lodge - we rode in the meadows and, then we stayed at Gregans Castle...the people were just so wonderful...we didn't want to leave HA!!!

I also feel in love with SCONES...yes, I am sure my heart is in the the shape of a BIG scone...I ate them every chance I got he-he!!!

We made a trip to waterford to tour the factory...and, YES, I brought back a pretty waterford horse...neat tour though...WOW, alot of work goes into making the glassware.

We ended our trip in Dublin...a fun place to see...took a carriage ride...it was a fantastic ending to a fantastic trip!!!!

I loved all the stones fences...its the prettiest thing to see...I had to smile about the roundabouts because - we about killed ourselves and other people too...My husband would break out in a sweat going through the first couple because...the wheel is on the other side from us at home and we are used to driving on the other side of the road...so, I kept saying...LEFT HONEY, LEFT HONEY.
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
..there was some scary moments he-he
ohmy.gif
Thank goodness you all are so forgiving
biggrin.gif

The dayton airport is actually not far from us about 20min or so...next time you come...you have to come visit us
yes.gif

lis

another welcome from the state of Oklahoma!

It's so exciting to hear from those in other countries and get a broader view of the world.
new_shocked.gif

Charlotte
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back