new stallion

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaepony

Reaction score
I have been in horses my whole life but am new to minis. I just purchased this 10 yr old, 28.5" liver chestnut stallion for $500 from an old couple getting out of the buisness. At the time I felt I was getting a good deal though I also felt sorry for the poor guy; these people either didn't know enough about horses or just didn't care. His coat was dull and he was in sever need of his teeth being floated. I talked them down from $700. He had a vet check-up today and his dental work will be a couple hundred (his teeth are just a bit crooked). Though I am happy he is in a good home now and will be much happier after his teeth are fixed; did I make a good move $wise. I just want the truth, I won't be too disapointed knowing I should have possibly paid less I am just happy to get him the help he needs.

I can put a picture on if someone can tell me how to do it.
rolleyes.gif

>I am really looking forward to seeing him after he puts on wieght and his coat shines up

Last edited by a moderator:
You might want to post this on the miniature forum. Youll probably get more responses that way. (this is the pony forum) I have to say though in my book 500.00 for a breeding stallion is very cheap(or any horse for that matter). Now i havent seen him so I dont know if hes breeding quality but even if hes not you got a good deal. Pet minis usually run around 500-1000. Prices of mins are very subjective. You didnt say what is pedigree is and that also figures into the price of a horse. Heck if hes not breeding material i would just geld him and have fun with him!!
smile.gif

You might want to post this on the miniature forum. Youll probably get more responses that way. (this is the pony forum) I have to say though in my book 500.00 for a breeding stallion is very cheap(or any horse for that matter). Now i havent seen him so I dont know if hes breeding quality but even if hes not you got a good deal. Pet minis usually run around 500-1000. Prices of mins are very subjective. You didnt say what is pedigree is and that also figures into the price of a horse. Heck if hes not breeding material i would just geld him and have fun with him!!
smile.gif

[SIZE=14pt]Ya I payed $500 for my mini GELDING and he was in about the same shape as ur stud. I would say u got a good deal and agree with KayKay about gelding him if he is no good for breeding. But if he has good lines and has done well in the ring then breed him!!!I think it is great you took him and are fixing him up!![/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back