New Stallion

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendyluvsminis

Reaction score
Here is my new stallion, Honken DMS Always A King and his girl friend, who has been with him for many years, Sheza Angel. Both are 30 inches and are double registered. They are very sweet. I was told they have had many foals together and I am excited to see her 2015 foal.

10710555_875211595825105_6429783305535235169_n.jpg

10687184_875211585825106_2979476522611707962_n.jpg

safe_image 1.jpg

safe_image.jpg

Congrats! They're both absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to see that baby.

Thanks, ladies! I realize they are stocky and not the type currently favored by show people. They both really needed homes, and I am so glad I bought them. My husband calls Angel, "doublewide" like a trailer, because she is so broad. She could play football! Blocking and tackling! The picture I have seen of one of her adult kids is not so broad.I am thinking of putting the stallion, King, in some open show color classes next summer, and see what he can do against big Paints! Wish AMHR had stock type classes, we don't have any AMHA shows in this area. I have several finer, double registered mares to breed him to, and several large homozygous tobinano mares to cross him to also.

They are both lovely, Congratulations
default_smile.png

Before breeding him and to avoid heartache for yourself I would suggest having him tested for the LWO gene,.many Minis have been found to be carriers even though visually it is not evident.Tests are rather inexpensive and IMO well worth the cost.He is a looker.good luck with your future plans for him.

Lovely colors.

Please don't apologize for "stocky." I like a nice broad pony--I'm not a "show person." And I probably shouldn't say this, but I don't understand why people want to breed "stocky" out of ponies. I'll shut up now.

Back