new stallion meets other stallion

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellerroseintx

Reaction score
Had Legacy in the yard grazing and he and my other stallion seemed infatuated with each other so I opened the pen so they could be closer....I think they like each other..under supervision of course and only through the fence here is Legacy day 2 at his new home!!! and Hocus my first love...thanks for letting me share

IMG_1364.jpg

IMG_1358.jpg

IMG_1369.jpg

Great pictures!

I love seeing stallions be 'friends'..

I am one who ran all three of my mini stallions together. Not that I exactly support it, but I am not against it - if given the right horses and owner.. and supervision.. and knowing the horse(s)!

Years ago.. I purchased two colts.. MacGyver and Paladin.. They were born a week apart and half Brothers and were stuck together like glue from the get-go.. hence why I was more out to buy both from this mini farm.. in fact, they isolated and rejected the other colt born that year (also their half brother).. I pastured them beside mares and even full size horses as they grew from colts to stallions. When they were long yearlings I added another weanling colt to the mix.. they LOVED him.. They played like boys, but not nearly as 'bossy' as some of my mares get. They truly formed a great gentleman bond EVEN when Paladin was used for breeding season after season..

Sadly, I lost MacGyver and Ozzy to an unknown illness / virus that went through my herd last year.. I also lost two fillies.. Vet was stumped as are we.. I can only hope it never shows itself again..

Paladin, now is kept alone. He isn't being used for breeding this year. He has his own pasture. The mares share a fence-line as do my full size QH gelding.. and I think Paladin is more interested in being buddies with the HUGE gelding.. he slips him hay under the fence..
default_wink.png
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pictures!
I love seeing stallions be 'friends'..

I am one who ran all three of my mini stallions together. Not that I exactly support it, but I am not against it - if given the right horses and owner.. and supervision.. and knowing the horse(s)!

Years ago.. I purchased two colts.. MacGyver and Paladin.. They were born a week apart and half Brothers and were stuck together like glue from the get-go.. hence why I was more out to buy both from this mini farm.. in fact, they isolated and rejected the other colt born that year (also their half brother).. I pastured them beside mares and even full size horses as they grew from colts to stallions. When they were long yearlings I added another weanling colt to the mix.. they LOVED him.. They played like boys, but not nearly as 'bossy' as some of my mares get. They truly formed a great gentleman bond EVEN when Paladin was used for breeding season after season..

Sadly, I lost MacGyver and Ozzy to an unknown illness / virus that went through my herd last year.. I also lost two fillies.. Vet was stumped as are we.. I can only hope it never shows itself again..

Paladin, now is kept alone. He isn't being used for breeding this year. He has his own pasture. The mares share a fence-line as do my full size QH gelding.. and I think Paladin is more interested in being buddies with the HUGE gelding.. he slips him hay under the fence..
default_wink.png
default_smile.png

thank you for sharing your story..so sorry about your losses

these two did seem to hit off together..maybe they will get to spend the winter together......I also ran Hocus with another colt I had for a year till he sold, they were THE best of friends and another bonus is they get a lot of exercise playing and chasing each other...great to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
What pretty boys. Looks like they get along good so far!!

Boss Mare, Im sorry to hear about your loss, I remember reading your story. I hope as well you never have to deal with that again!!

Great photos. They look very friendly. They are both very nice looking fellas.

Latest posts

Back