new scammer letter? Or legitimate email?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mulligans Run

Reaction score

Hi. I am anna chamberlain from syston. I am a great lover of horses and ponies. I cannot resist them. My favourie colour is dapple grey and my favourite breed is welsh mountin pony. How I would love a pony. But I am not allowed because I have a sister and we cannot afford one at this time. I have 3 friends who have horses or ponies and somtimes I go and help them out. I love grooming and riding the most but I love all the other jobs aswell. Even mucking out! I do not have any pets at this current time. Although I used to have a dog called Kirsty. But she fell down the stairs and broke her hip and had to be put down. although she was 15 so that was good. My dad had 65 fish! But mum walked in to it and it shattered but we could'nt save the fish because we had to save mum. As he had a 4 broken toes at the time. Are these all your ponies? And if they are are you selling them? If so how much for. Bye. From anna age 11

Just curious......as all my prices are listed on my website. She has very good grammar too...hmmmm..

My gut says scammer, but I could be wrong. First thought... What the heck is an 11 year old doing surfing the net? But, maybe that's just me.

She says in the e-mail she can't afford a horse right now, so why is she e-mailing and asking prices? Too many things don't add up, so I feel scammer.

If that was exactly how the child wrote it, I see lots of errors, it sounds like a kid to me. It would be typical for a child to just be looking at the pictures and not at the prices. If you want to reply I would just write a nice note thanking her for the compliment and telling her where to look for the prices. She said they can't afford a pony right now so I think she is just dreaming. Lots of 11 years surf the net all the time. In fact that is what kids do now. I would in the schools and most kids spend their after school time watching tv or playing on the computer.

Last edited by a moderator:
RebelsHope said:
If that was exactly how the child wrote it, I see lots of errors, it sounds like a kid to me. It would be typical for a child to just be looking at the pictures and not at the prices. If you want to reply I would just write a nice note thanking her for the compliment and telling her where to look for the prices. She said they can't afford a pony right now so I think she is just dreaming.
458775[/snapback]

Yep, if they can't afford a pony, they can't afford a miniature either. It's probably a child, IMO. I'd write back thanking her for her interest. You may get a new penpal!
smile.gif

I'd say child too, I know of two children that I think spends TOO much time on internet, parents are divorcing and no one is watching.
no.gif
The oldest is 12
new_shocked.gif
, I would say thank you and put them on your reject list if your email has it. Ours does.

I would have to lean toward scammer... 'Course I'm paranoid now... I'd thank her for the interest and tell her if they are really interested, to have her parents contact you. If it's real they will (even if just to say they aren't interested)...if not it very well could be a scammer or at most nothing more to worry about.

JMO,

Chris

Latest posts

Back