New Scam using Lennie Bertrand's name and email

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

picasso

Reaction score
I get to work this morning and check my emails first thing. There is one in my quarantine summary from Lennie Bertrand (Bertrand's Miniature Horse Ranch). So naturally I have it delivered and open it since I know Lennie and have shown at his place several times. Apparently, some one has gotten his email address and is using it for not such good things. It says he is in the United Kingdom, has been mugged at gunpoint. Money, documents, and cell phone stolen. Please send money via Western Union ASAP. And gives an address to send to.

Okay, so I have an email that was really sent from Lennie at 10:00 last night. Don't really think he got to the UK by 1:05am and had all this happen. LOL LOL

Just a head's up to everybody that I got this email.

I have called and left Lennie and message about this too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it happens every day. I just thought it was pretty comical and thought other people might also find it funny!!!! Especially anybody that knows Lennie.

Sure didn't sound like it was Lennie using his own words did it???? Whoever did this is so dumb, they used different words then we do here in the states.
default_wacko.png

A few months back a friend of mine had her computer hacked into and then sent almost the same message to every one in her address book. she is in law enforcment and a horse person. Does the other victim also work in law enforcement? I'm just wondering, cause it is so the same message.

I get to work this morning and check my emails first thing. There is one in my quarantine summary from Lennie Bertrand (Bertrand's Miniature Horse Ranch). So naturally I have it delivered and open it since I know Lennie and have shown at his place several times. Apparently, some one has gotten his email address and is using it for not such good things. It says he is in the United Kingdom, has been mugged at gunpoint. Money, documents, and cell phone stolen. Please send money via Western Union ASAP. And gives an address to send to.

Okay, so I have an email that was really sent from Lennie at 10:00 last night. Don't really think he got to the UK by 1:05am and had all this happen. LOL LOL

Just a head's up to everybody that I got this email.

I have called and left Lennie and message about this too.
This happened to me last August, but it wasn't an email from him. Someone hacked my hotmail account and sent out letters to everyone in my address book, claiming to be me! *I* told them I was in London and had been robbed and could they please send me $1,500 so I could get home! Who is going to believe that? Like, why would I email my friends and not my husband, or one of my kids? Duh!

The worst thing, though, was this person had changed my password so I could no longer get into my own email account. It took me over a week to get it all straightened out with hotmail, but they finally got me back into it. I felt absolutely horrible, though, that some jerk had all my friends' email addresses, and who knows what he might do with them? And believe me, after that happened, I changed my password to a really long one, with upper and lower case and numbers and symbols. I can't even remember it! I had to write it down.

Latest posts

Back