New rule from AMHR on sale baord

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kaykay I can understand what you were told, as yes this is very vague, but it doesn't say that foal can't be registered after that mare has reached her third birthday (January 1st) or her ACTUAL third birthday (what ever her birthdate was) and you pay the appropriate fee (yearling is $30).

i specifically asked if once the mare turned 3 the foal could be registered and was told no
sad.gif
(i did not breed her! bought her and turned out she had already been bred)

Also i know when cathy posted on the stallion thing they said you could NOT register a foal from a yearling stallion even after the stallion turned 3.

I think its frustrating to everyone as i know a few people called amhr's office and got different answers depending on who they talked to.

I just think the rule needs to be rewritten to make it clearer what it means and i think everyone answering questions in the office needs to be sure they are all giving the same answers
smile.gif

Kay

This was my last post on the old "yearling stallion" thread.

I have talked to several people, who should be in the know, regarding this rule, no one really has a clue, talk about instilling faith in the association.

There is a rule listed in the download version of the 2005 AMHR rulebook that states no foal can be registered until the parents are updated temp to perm. This doesn't mean that a foal in ineligible for registration just that the foal can not be until they (parents) are brought perm.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe it is such an important rule that it should be crystal clear and not able to be misinterpreted or re-interpreted.

I'm a firm believer, no matter what others say, that as members, we don't OWN the association. Someone owns it, but it ain't US. We're members, not owners. They can be two different things. i.e., just because you belong to the Salvation Army or AARP, doesn't mean you OWN it.

So.........I want a rule that tells me what is what. Not one that I can interpret to my own or someone else's liking, leaving it open for debate.

It has been my experience that newbies to the mini world can be Sooooo confused by all the stuff regarding A, R, A, B, DNA, temporary, permanent, etc., that they just cry for help. I gladly give it now, but I was one of those too when I first started. I don't believe we have to make it even more confusing............look at this..........we experienced people don't even understand this one. Why make it even harder for someone new to understand? I've heard many people say it isn't worth all the confusion and costs involved.

So, why confuse it more? A rule or law usually has some benefit to someone. There's usually a reason you can say, "well, maybe I don't agree with it, but I can understand how this would protect or benefit so & so.........." But with this new stallion rule, nope, I can't see how it benefits anyone -- human or animal.

Can someone explain that to me? I'd sure appreciate it...........Got to go take another blood pressure pill. (just kidding) This whole thing is outrageous.
ohmy.gif
wacko.gif

Oh, a few mini friends and myself were discussing this over lunch and:

TONY -- if you're reading here, we'd love to hear your take on this one. Your experience and knowledge mean at lot to us. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
A case in point ....

I owned Buck Ons Xpress Male and when he was 2 years old, I bred him to 2 mares. And then I sold the mares, who subsequently both had wonderful fillies for their new owner.

I then sold Xpress to someone in Canada. He was 2 years old when I sold him. The new owner has not yet brought him to "permanent" status.

And now the new owner of the mares cannot register those fillies until I can get the new owner of Xpress to bring him to permanent. I am sure he plans to do so because he is campaigning him...but he has until Dec. 31 to do so without penalty. And this is totally screwing up the registration of those fillies!!

And because this rule was snuck in through the back door - I didn't know I needed to urge Xpress' new owner to expedite the permanent status or to warn the buyer of the mares that there could be a hiccup in registering the foals!
frusty.gif

Back