New Rescue of Mini Dwarf

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

virginia

Reaction score
We just have the greatest members...Gini Acton emailed me last week and told me that she had answered an ad for mini horses near her in AZ. When she got there she found a mini Dwarf named Missy. She is five years old and was in with several other minis for sale, including a stallion. It's very possible that she may be bred.

Well, they wanted $2,000 for her, (ya right). Gini and her two friends Judy Conover and Nancy Carpenter went back a few days later armed with information on Dwarves and their problems. They sweet talked and cajoled the guy and his wife into selling the Dwarf to them at a much reduced price. Along with a sum from CMHR and quite a bit from their own pocketbooks, they were able to bring Missy home that day. Judy took her home to her farm in -Oricle where she has another Dwarf and a blind mini filly. She will be Fostering her for CMHR.

CMHR sends our sincere thanks and deep gratitude to these three wonderful women for taking the time and money to rescue this little darling. It is by far, the easiest rescue on our books. Rescued and fostered in one day.!!! Missy will be vet checked next week for pregnancy and we will go on from there.

Maybe one of them will fill us in on the details of the rescue. (hint) LOL

Again, I thank the three of you from the bottom of my heart.

Ginny

Ginny and Everyone..

This rescue was easier than all of us thought it would be. Nancy and I found

Missy just by accident. We answered an ad and what we found was intolorable.

Missy and her mom were brought from Oregon with 5 other horses to sell here

in Arizona and make a profit. They were brought down in a very small 2 horse

trailer and in the back of a pick up. Mind you this was 7 horses, one being a 2 mo old foal.

When we found them they were being fed tubs of produce ie: grapes, stems and

all, watermelon, squash and cabbage. We didn't see any hay around at all.

We did see a small amount of pellets.

The man showed us the 2 mares he had bred. The stallion which was very large

for a mini was running in with these 2 mares. He really felt that both were bred

within the last month. Both mares have very bad hooves front and back and we

noticed Missy having dwarf characteristics. We asked, and the owners wife

let us know the person she had purchased the horses from had said this was a dwarf. I truly believe that these people were very uneducated about dwarfism.

Judy, Nancy and I made arrangements to go back on Tuesday and to take a trailer just in case. We were not going to pay $2000.00 for this either horse. I also just happened to have a bill of sale with me and what money

CMHR, Judy Nancy and I could come up with. It's called divide and conquer.

I talked to the wife, Nancy took Missy for a walk with the husband and Judy

took the Mother out to the front part of the property..

It ended up with us getting Missy that day for just what we had brought with us.

The only glitch was someone had turned them in to the livestock board and the

inspector appeared without notice. I thought we were gonners as far as getting

Missy. The officer saw what we were doing, so he just left. I'm sure he went back out.

We have a vet appointment on Thursday. They will be checking her over and

possibly give her a shot then to abort. I don't hold any hope that she is not

preggers as she had been in with the stallion for approx 1 month. We will let

everyone know the outcome of the exam.

Thank you to this wonderful group for the help in getting this horse out of this

situation. Judy has since offered an amount for the other mare. They

refused to sell, however, they did keep Judys and my phone #. We can hope!

Judy said she will pay for the mare and keep her.

Sorry this is so long, but what a day this was! She is in a wonderful foster home

right now with Judy in Oracle AZ. Tuesday was the first day of a wonderful new

life for her........

Gini

I'm looking for updates on the story. What a wonderful thing for the little dear to be in a nice safe clean place with plenty of hay and grain. How awlful she had to endure that situation. I guess those wonderful women were led by someone upstairs to find and rescue her.

God Bless,

Lynn W

YAY
new_multi.gif
That is wonderful!!

Jessica

WAHOO!!!!!

Great job everyone.... But one thing.... We want pics! LOL

I am not sure how to post a picture. Can someone help me out please??

Thanks

I saw your pictures by using the link in your new thread that links to shutterfly. What lucky horses!
thumbup.gif
I am not sure that you can post pictures from Shutterfly, but I will see if I can figure out a way.
yes.gif

Added:

I couldn't link from shutterfly. But at least we can see the pictures by clicking on the url you posted in the other thread.
wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Bless your hearts for what you have done. Thank God there are people like you out there to help these horses.

Way to go ladies, I am glad ya'll were able to get her out of that situation...........
thumbup.gif

Latest posts

Back