New rescue mare...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bless your heart for helping this mare. You are a true angel.
default_yes.gif
default_biggrin.png

While its shocking, I'm not suprised. I fostered boo and suzie 2 of the kansas minis last fall . Taking in horses like that is both heartbreaking and rewarding. Please keep us up to date on their progress. Bless you, you are a angel for taking them in.
default_saludando.gif

How horrible can people be!!

She looks bad with her fuzzies let alone once you clipped her, so many ribs showing, it breaks my heart!!

Thanks so much for giving her a chance to thrive.

Missy

Poor Sweetie - I'm betting she thinks life was better just slowly starving at her old home... yesterday she got hauled here, then a bath and clipping - this was after getting wormed and vaccinated before she came here... today she saw the Vet and had her teeth floated... tomorrow she's having her feet trimmed!

At least between all these "tortures" she's getting some FOOD! I've let her graze a little and she has good stuff in her stall, too!

Thank you for taking in this mare. I would love to see a photo of this mare in six months..........bet she will be beautiful.

[SIZE=12pt]That is just heart breaking
default_no.gif
What do people think. I just can't imagine letting an animal starve like that. Can't they see what is happening
default_new_shocked.gif
It just blows my mind :arg! She is so lucky to have someone like you
default_worshippy.gif
default_aktion033.gif
[/SIZE]

I sure hope the rest of her life she has rich hay and green pastures!!
default_yes.gif

Joy

Those pictures made my stomach turn.

God bless those 2 horses and you, as you help them to become healthy happy horses

Thank God for people like you! Bless you for what you are doing for that little mare.

Tammie~

Sweetie just got her feet trimmed - he obviously couldn't fix it all at once, so she'll be done again in 4 weeks when the other minis are due.

He said that he'd never taken that much foot off of any mini before - that he could probably trim all my minis and not get as much hoof off of all of them together as he did off this one mare today!

she'll stay in the smaller corral for another week or so, except for trips out on a leadrope to graze, while her tendons readjust to the better angles she has now. After that we'll put her in a larger corral and start to ask her to move around more to get some muscles going and to increase her appetite.

You're an angel for taking her in. Your facility looks beautiful (I saw your website) and Sweetie is lucky to have you to care for her. I bet she is a diamond in the rough and will be like Cinderella when she gets back her girlish figure and glossy coat.

Please do keep us posted on her progress.

I met Sweetie last night! I think she'll live up to her name! She seems to be adjusting well and with Karen in charge of her recuperation, there's no way she won't improve.
default_biggrin.png

Bless you for taking in Sweetie, Karen. I am sure with some food and tlc she will turn out to be a very pretty mare. Keep us posted on her progress please.

Yvonne

Sweetie is one lucky girl that you came into her life. Thanks for taking care of her.

Barbie

Sad, very sad!

So glad they are in good hands now. Good luck with them.

Beth

Latest posts

Back