New Puppy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My thought is she may already have identified your home as her home. If possible, having her spayed and vaccinated would be the way to go. Even though she isn’t yours, she may surprise you one fine day with a litter of kittens.

It’s a tough problem probably world wide!
Totally agree! I talked to my neighbor and she is going to spay her.

My neighbor thought she was getting a “barn cat” but she got a dud! Gray Kitty has found her way to my air conditioned and heated sunroom. She finds comfort in Lacy and enjoys playing with my other two cats. She is getting so big!

98552F80-E2DF-4574-BAD1-263B87AEE0E1.jpeg

How are the new puppies doing? Our rat terrier is doing a couple of weird things: when we call her she comes up but then bounces away and acts as though she is afraid to be touched. And the other day there was a mouse on the porch and she acted as though she were afraid of it! We were waiting for that terrier instinct to kick in, and zippo.
We are working on Sit now. And I'm taking her on my long walks on a leash--she doesn't like to leave home and squeaks and cries the whole way out. Then tows me back home. She is getting better, though. Since she is still a puppy, we are trying to go slow.
I wouldn't trust her alone in the house, but I would consider her house broken now.
I think I need Caesar Milan to figure her out.
At what age do you dog folk recommend spaying? I am thinking 6 months.

Talk to your vet about spaying, as there may be different recommended time frames for different size dogs. Mine was from a rescue, so she came already spayed at 3.5 months old (she was spayed just a week or two before I brought her home.
Pixie is doing quite well; pretty good recall and sits decently. Still learning to leave things alone, such as the cats (so far just chasing, if they run).
Took these pics a few days ago. Not sure where she found the cow bone, but we raise cattle, so there are a few around.

Attachments

• Pixie - 1-24-23 - cute.jpg
    Pixie - 1-24-23 - cute.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Pixie - 1-24-23 - cow bone.jpg
    Pixie - 1-24-23 - cow bone.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 0
Talk to your vet about spaying, as there may be different recommended time frames for different size dogs. Mine was from a rescue, so she came already spayed at 3.5 months old (she was spayed just a week or two before I brought her home.
Pixie is doing quite well; pretty good recall and sits decently. Still learning to leave things alone, such as the cats (so far just chasing, if they run).
Took these pics a few days ago. Not sure where she found the cow bone, but we raise cattle, so there are a few around.
Cute pics🙂

Awe, you guys and your dogs are so fun! I spent many years as a dog (and cat, and the occasional guinea pig and rabbit) groomer that I just don't want a maintenance coat anymore. My last dog was a mini poodle, I had a standard before her. I LOVED grooming them, but that part of my life is over and the next dog that I want to join my family is a German Shorthair Pointer. Similar disposition to the poodle, but far less maintenance! Currently we're in an apartment, so it's not going to be something coming into our lives anytime soon. And that's ok too!

Pixie is so cute!😍
Pepper is getting so big!😍
I love the German Shorthair Pointers, those are such cool dogs.

HM what a tough month for you, hopefully the hardest part of the year for you is out of the way now. Hugs! ♥️

Gray Kitty has made herself at home in my heated sunroom with my other cats and my dog for the past several days. 😍 she is getting huge!
56C25D0E-6527-4A54-B43A-3DC3CA8B7976.jpeg

I called the vet today about spaying Pepper. They won't do it under 6 months; she'll be six months the first of March so I made the appt. They will also remove her dew claws. Now I'm getting anxious about it. I guess she can't stay a puppy forever, and I don't need the intact neighbor's standard poodle coming to visit.
She has Sit down pat. Now we'll work on Stay and then Come.
It's difficult to remember that other people aren't as crazy about Pepper as we are; I found myself talking too much about her when we went out to dinner over the weekend. Booorrring!

Aaarrggh! Pepper swallowed a whole mouse today. I took it out of the trap and she got it. She wouldn't let me catch her, and swallowed it before I could get her. Will she throw it up?
We are working on "come", but when she goes into the terrier mode she doesn't mind at all.

Latest posts

Back