New Puppy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of y’all’s new puppies are just so sweet! 💕💕 I don’t have a new puppy but an old puppy, she is 12 yo, Lacy, she also goes by the name Pup or Puppy.… she will give me the evil eye if I call her Grandma 🤣
View attachment 48463
She has nice white teeth! Good dog!

What a sweet face! And she can wear a collar! Does that breed of dog have a neck? Rat terriers have no neck and collars don't stay on them very well.
Yes, she can wear a collar, and I can make it snug enough to tie her if I need to. [Snug but not tight.]

How are all the new puppies doing? Our is finally growing. She seems really smart. Yesterday she was allowed to hang out while I was grooming the horses. They are perfectly calm, but when she began playing with tails and biting fetlocks, it was time to put her up. They did not mind her antics, but one accidental hoof move and she would have been badly injured. So, until she gets bigger she has to keep her distance.

For small dogs, I highly recommend Get Naked Biteable Puppy Treats. We got them from Chewy and they are perfect. Tiny and very easy to chew and delicious. I was looking for a tiny harness, as no stores around me carry tinies. Their smallest one is still too large but hopefully she will grow into it quickly. Then I can take her out where I'm grooming without worry.
We might go visit this week, but about 3 weeks until we get ours home. 🥳

My rat terrier, Lucy, is 10 years old now. She was the cutest little puppy but I'd never have another rattie --most obnoxious, miserable dog ever.
We had the exact opposite experience with our old rat terrier. That's why we decided to get another. Maybe it depends on the breeding line. We got Pepper from the same breeder as our earlier dog. They grow up on his farm and are very socialized, but also working dogs, bringing mice and gophers as gifts to the back door.

Well, we are having trouble with our new puppy. She continues to have diarhhea. At her booster visit yesterday we sent off a sample for a full fecal panel, though the floats show negative. Vet said her stomach was full of gas.
Today I went to a different vet to buy a different puppy food and learned something. Puppy Chow pieces are coated with powdered milk. If the puppy no longer has the enzyme to digest milk, the Puppy Chow creates a lactose intolerant result. So, we are on Science Diet now to see if the food was the issue.
We are sleep deprived from getting up with her, and not getting anything done around here because we are so entertained by her play.

I hope changing the food will resolve her issue.
When my hubby and I retired we laughed at ourselves at how our entertainment changed to watching the dogs and cats play. So glad you are enjoying her. :)

Yesterday Garden Club came for a wreath making. There were 8 ladies with wreaths and piles of decorations in the barn. When I first brought Pepper out she was scared. I was working on a wreath on the floor, so I put her inside the wreath circle. She began to chew on a few pieces, got outside the wreath, hurried back, and before long was mixing with the group and enjoying being picked up and petted. It was a great socializing experience for her.

Latest posts

Back