New puppy here too, Meet "Jesse" my Chinese Crested (Video Too!!)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
This boy came home today, he was a christmas present for Sassy (and me too, of course!!)..i seen this boy a few weeks ago while browsing and just fell in love, talked to his breeder and the more i heard about him, the more i knew he would be perfect for Sassy, and well i miss having a a crested around here.

He came home today at 2:00 ...he's somewhat shy, but that is to be expected, he'll settle in with time
default_wub.png
. He was born July 12, 2008 so is just at 6 months old and is AKC registered. I'm sure he'll be keeping Sassy busy in time
default_smile.png

Then, i have a question. My 17 month old Shih Tzu, who has been practically attached to me at the leg since we got her last summer, as soon as we walked in the door with Jesse, Sassy started "foaming" at the mouth...at first it was really strong, then stopped...then just has been coming and going over the past few hours, our vet said thats a sign of sudden stress or fear and nothing for me to really worry about and she should be over it come morning?? Update - Totally fine now, she seems to be over the excitement
default_smile.png

Here is the youtube video @ Sassy & Jesse meeting each other for one of the first times.

*Do ignore Sassy rubbing her butt on the ground around 55seconds mark, she normally does not do that..must have been excited LOL.

This is him today after coming home..

1J.jpg

2J.jpg

5J.jpg

7J.jpg

4J.jpg

Jess2001.jpg

This is him at his breeders (they called him "Split" because of his face)
default_wub.png

BBBUSUETHISSPLIT.jpg

He's going to have to wait until this summer to get a clip, come spring he will be sporting his "show clip"...as for now, far to cold to even think about that
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
He's real cute, especially that face but may I ask what breed he is?

He is darling!!!!!!!!

I never heard of the powder puff only the naked ones--I think I like him better!!!! Very unique.

Congratulations......you deserve it.!

Leeana, He's a total doll!
default_wub.png
And I'm so glad Sassy has settled in.

He looks so soft, is he?

He is so cute!!! I never heard of the foaming thing, so I learned something, too! I can't wait to see / hear about when they start to play together
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

Edit: Oh! I didn't see the video link at first. I think they will be good friends! Sassy looks like a real character and like she is laying down the rules to him. They both look like they want to be friends with each other and I bet it will work out really, really well
default_yes.gif
:yes
default_yes.gif

He is darling!!!!!!!!
I never heard of the powder puff only the naked ones--I think I like him better!!!! Very unique.

Congratulations......you deserve it.!
He is technically a veil coated crested
default_smile.png
. He is really really soft, he has a bottom layer of his coat is really soft, like silk..then he has a thin coat on the top with random hairs that are somewhat like a stuff coated jack russel...not to many stuff hairs so he is still pretty soft, he was fun to cuddle with last night
default_wub.png
. He was a pretty good boy, he slept on the bed, he had no accidents...woke up around 5am whining so out to potty (which really was not fun when the windchill is near -10 degrees). He ate his normal breakfast amount this morning, im feeding him Eagle Pack...that is what his breeder feeds. Last night he got really playful and chased sassy around the living room in circles just whining with Sassy running from him like "make this big sissy stop chasing me!"
default_laugh.png
. He's trying to make the first step to play, but Sassy still not sure about him but im not worried, they are going to be perfect for each other.

Linda, the best thing about buying an older puppy is...they are already house trained
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

Thank you
default_wub.png

He is so cute and I love the unique markings on his face.

woke up around 5am whining so out to potty (which really was not fun when the windchill is near -10 degrees).
Tell me about it, our new puppy is only 14 weeks old and we are potty training her, last night for one of our "let's go pee pee" times it was 7 degrees. Very rude to a person getting out of a warm bed and going outside. :Cold-Scared

woke up around 5am whining so out to potty (which really was not fun when the windchill is near -10 degrees).
Watson and I were also out around 5am. I'd taken a shower but not dried my hair... My hair FROZE! It took him forever to pee. I think he was scared it might freeze before it got to the ground or something
default_laugh.png

Leeanna he is adorable like the powder puff bred of this dog but not crazy about the ones that look naked. Love his face.
default_wub.png

what a nice little Puffer you have there!
default_wub.png
I have 3 nekkie cresteds (hairless, but we say nekkie, LOL). He should be a nice addition to your family. I love his markings, and you shih tzu is a real cutie too.

He's a cutie - I'd only seen the hairless ones too, he looks much more cuddly LOL.

Jan

He is a little cuddle bug
default_wub.png
...taking it one day at a time. He follows me threw the house everywhere, last night i went up to the store and dad said he was tracking my path threw the house over and over and whining
default_wub.png
. I'm trying to find cute nic names for him, like cute "pet names"...like sassy i call her Pooky Bear, Sass-a-frass, pooky wooky ..oh the list just goes on. Nothing has really clicked with Jesse for pet names yet...he might have to take one of Sassys
default_laugh.png

He'll only be "puffy" until spring
default_smile.png
, seems like nothing around here keeps hair for a long period of time...

I think he is settling in well
default_laugh.png

0Jss2.jpg

Few more..

0Jess.jpg

0Jsse.jpg

Then, Sassy took to sleep on the couch...she is NOT happy about Jesse sleeping in her bed with her mom. So, she took all her normal toys that brings to bed (balls, squeekys, bunny) and put them on the couch, i left her a blanket and she is sleeping there, at her own choice until she decides she is grown up enough to come back to bed
default_smile.png

0jessse.jpg

He is cute...I like this kind much better than the hairless kinds.

Latest posts

Back