New puppy dog

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minimor

Reaction score
I just picked her up this morning; she came from a lady who does dog rescue--if the vet clinic gets a stray dog in, this gal takes it, evaluates it, & rehomes it. This dog came with the name of "Chewy" but we are renaming her "Bonnie" after the lady we got her from! Bonnie is 5 months old--definitely blue heeler & perhaps Jack Russell & a bit of Shepherd. She's bigger than I had expected, but she's a nice size for what we need, she's got lots of personality & she seems like she'll stick up for herself. She's used to horses (though not Minis) and cats, but since our cats run from her she has to learn that chasing them is unacceptable. Hopefully she will work out for us.

Bonnie2sm.jpg

Bonnie1sm.jpg

Img_0433.jpg

We've been trying for a long time now to find the right dog to train as Sheba's replacement; Sheba is still a wonderful dog, but she's getting old & is slowing down, and when she's too old to chase foxes & guard her ponies, we want another younger dog that is ready to take over. Sheba is a tough act to follow, but so far Bonnie looks promising.

So is so pretty!! She looks really alert, I'll bet she will be easy to teach!!
aktion033.gif

yes.gif
Just beautiful! She looks like the perfect farm dog!
aktion033.gif
Hurray for getting an older dog. Hopefully she wasn't named "Chewy" for any specific reason!

She looks a lot like my Australian Cattle Dog.
yes.gif

Robin

Wow what a cool looking dog! She looks sweet and smart too. Hope she works out for you.

I love Bonnie's markings!!
aktion033.gif
She looks like a very, VERY smart dog!
yes.gif

Latest posts

Back