New puppy, doberman female with soft floppy ears

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrystalPaths

Reaction score
I had to get this young lady. She was turned in to the local "pet store" while I was buying fly spray 2 wks ago. She needed vetting and such so I agreed to let the owner of the shop (even tho the dog owner wanted me just take her) vet her and check for aggression issues. She's a muffin, kinda mouthy as large puppies are. Her tail is a mess, unhealed from a late docking (stupid breeder) but I can fix that. She needs a name. They called her "Peggy Sue" but that SO doesn't suit. I love to name animals but I'm interested to see what you all think. She's a red, meaning choclate and rust, a bit more than 4 mos old and quite willing.

peggy3.jpg

peggy1.jpg

default_wub.png
: aw she is so cute. We had one just like her when I was a child named Brandy.

We had several dobes, all with floppy ears. Makes me cry seeing her as I just split from a long time relationship and he kept my sweet Gracie (black girl who is also natural tail). We had a red dobe that was sort of a rescue case that was named Amanda. However she looks alot like our former black girl Denver (we got her the day John Denver died). She was the best sweetest soul who unfortunately got out during an emergency and got hit by a car. You have been blessed with a sweet dog
default_yes.gif
:

I think Brandy is a great name. What a beautiful girl!

Congratulations and bless you for taking this lovely girl. I have had dobies all of my life and I have found them to be the most intelligent, loving and loyal breed I have ever owned. My large breed of choice by far.

Added to say......buy a crate! I know you have had other dogs and probably know this. Dobie youngsters will chew stuff up. I made the mistake of leaving my first one in my apartment for an hour uncrated as a young dog and came home to my couch in shreds. Lesson learned. The first year and a half or so they can really get into "stuff".

Carol

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohhh Deb! What a pretty girl!

Bless you for giving her a loving home...

She will repay you many many times over and

bring you much joy!

I had Dobes for 30 years and they are wonderful

companions. They are so smart you can see them

thinking!

Enjoy

I absolutely love Dobies. Wish I had one now! She will love you so much, and I am glad she doesn't have her ears cropped. Mine didn't either, and I wouldn't do my Caine Corsos either.

Used to have Danes and also took in a Dobe, Black and tan girl..we loved her, she was SUCH a lady!

Those large breed puppies are so special.

Best wishes to you and her..Keep those pictures coming eh?What a sweet face..

Maxine

Debs, Bless you for taking her in!

Just lost my Doberman a few years ago. She was thirteen, healthy till the last day. She was the smartest dog we ever had. Sweet too.

Robin

She is just a precious little thing! S he's going to be so lucky to live with you in the hollow and have a beautiful log cabin to call her own! When I read your description of her and saw her sweet face the first name that came to me was "Charlotte". Don't know why...but she looks kinda "southern"...LOL..... Good luck with her...I'll look forward to watching her grow!

I love her! She looks so kind.

I think since you are interested in many things aqbove and beyond you should name her something fitting

Celeste (Celestial)

Astra

Leona (for the sign Leo when you got her)

OR since you love stones

Ruby

Crystal

Diamond

Ohhhh.... Congratulations.

I am a huge Doberman fan, I love, love and did I say love this breed? I grew up with three of them, all reds.. Sheri, Sinbad and Spike.. All parted due to old age.. Great, great companions!

Several months ago I was set on getting another pup and REALLY wanted a Dobe, but with my career the perfect little Pit Bull / German Shepherd puppy found his way into my heart..
default_wub.png
: Soo Charger took up residence here.

Debs she is beautiful. I love the Dobes and you don't see them around as much as you used to. Jasmine comes to mind for her name. No idea why.......

What a sweetie! I see several others came up with a "c" name too. My first thought was Christy when I first saw her, but I think Marty may have it right, Chrystal (Christy for a nickname)
default_wub.png
:

BlueDunsDogs061.jpg

Kassy says "Hi" to Keesha!!

Oh, and that is HER chair, in case you had not noticed!!!

See Kassy's family in the photo behind her??

Kass is a brown as well, it is hard to see on some of these pictures- want another one??

BlueDunsDogs004.jpg

Up tails all!!!

I love your Cassie, Jane. I'd love more but you're a bit far. How is darling Sam? Kasha is doing quite well so far. A smart darlin. Bob brought Shain down and she had the good grace to bark at him! (Bob) She's a keeper!
default_wink.png
:

Thanks everyone for your kind words. She is such a good girl. I do have "3" :new_shocked: crates and she hates them but is learning they are necessary at times. She slept free last nite in her doggie bed and was an angel!

Kassy bent the crate out of shape hurling herself at the door in a full blown temper tantrum at 61/2 weeks old- I was allowed to bring her home early as they were all fully weaned and her breeder said she knew me well enough to let her go- Ha!! she was just trying to get rid of her- when I got there they were chasing her round the garden with the sons brand new trainer in her mouth- she had been pick of the litter but the breeder changed to another one- and she had been my first choice so I got her!

That night I found out why she changed her mind.

IT SCREAMED, it whined it howled it did not stop, it head butted the crate and tipped it over.

Finally at 3am I marched it onto my pillow and told it the first pee on the bed and it was back in the crate.

Have you ANY idea how smug a Dobe pup can look??

8 years later it is still there- although I now have a six foot bed to accommodate it!

Sam the Oaf is fine, he killed a duck the other day and I was very cross with him- the trouble is he still thinks I am going to beat him when I get really cross and takes no notice when I am pretending to be cross- he is a hard dog to discipline.

I had the collar on him and Kass today as I had Kitty- who they actually tried to kill four weeks ago- with me.

They were as good as gold but Sam, again, is terrified of the collar- it has a beep only facility and I have only to beep it to reduce him to jelly.

Dobes are difficult dogs, there is no doubt about it.

I had just tonight Sam to stay on the other side of the gate when I went to see to the foals when Kassy taught him how to jump the six foot fence beside it- it is quite amazing to watch them sale over but hellsbells, I told them to STAY!!!

You have decided on Kasha, then??

Rhymes with Tasha??

I do like it but I like Keesha better so I will keep that for my next..........

There is NEVER going to be another puppy, NEVER :eek:

She responds so well to Kasha as in Tasha. She is a good girl but you can see her little gears working when she looks at you. Today she took a red squirrel from a cat. Now I was told she has food agression issues and we've worked on that quite nicely but I wasn't too sure how she'd be about giving me "her" squirrel. I got big and loud and said "MY SQUIRREL" and came in fast and low and she rolled over and let me take it! I was quite proud. The butcher gave me some nice huge marrow bones and we worked on that. She definitely didn't want me to take it back but did give in nicely as I am the lead bitch in this family. Poor Sam, he knows but is so patterned, he loves you dearly. The dober girls are your mischief makers. One will do me fine. I love her greatly. She slept in her big round bed all nite last nite with 2 potty requests and went right back to bed. She was born 4/15/07...tax day here so it was funny I chose Kasha as in Cash, but I do say it like Tasha. I did try lots of K names but that one came out accidentally when I was trying 2 different names and she stopped, looked back and came to me then sat. Good dog!

Latest posts

Back