New Pictures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutchhollow

Reaction score
Just got a new Photo of one of my dogs, June (aks VC Sharpshooters Temptation), thought I would share:

june2.JPG

Wonderful picture of a beautiful dog. I was looking into GSPs when we started the search for our most recent addition because they are such good looking dogs. I couldn't find anyone tho who knew much about them and there are no local breeders so went with my husbands choice of breeds but I sure like how GSPs look.

He is gorgeous!
default_yes.gif

Liz N.

Thanks so much everyone! I actually have 5 of them, compete in tests and trial, guide hunters and hunt myself. June is actually a girl, though I am sure she doesn't mind, lol.

Here is a pic of my boy, Johnney (June's half brother).

I just had some taken of June and J'lo last weekend by a friend, who also took this shot of John for me two years ago.

OK, I know I added photos to a thread on my mini's now can't do it? I need to go read directions! Too early!

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful!!! That photo reminds me of something that could be in a magazine or on a calendar
default_wub.png

Dutchhollow, what is the temperament/behaviour like with GSPs? Are they particularly high energy dogs or calmer more sensible at an earlier age? I am really drawn to the look of the breed but I have to live with more than just the look
default_smile.png
I'd really like to know more about them, are they stubborn (Chesapeakes can be I know) easily trainable, so intelligent they need a job or they find one (like border collies lol) ?

She is very pretty. My next dog is going to be a GSP, I also hunt and would love one as my bird dog.

Sorry I didn't get back to answer your questions sooner!

Well bred ones are fairly laid back, quiet and clean around the house. But, just as in any breed, some people don't pay attention to what I loosely term, mental stability, which includes the on, off switch. That said they are a sporting, working breed and are intellingent. They learn everthying fairly easily, I have titled them in hunting, obedience, agility and retrieving events, they are used for theropy and search and rescue also. When young a good run a few times a week keeps them happy, after about 3, you have to check mine for a pulse every now and then, and force them off the couch, lol, unless they see the gun, or boots come out of the closet!

figured out the picture thing!

This is Johnny (VC Roughnecks Walk the Line) Junes half brother (same father different mother)

johnnypic.JPG

Thank you for the information. I have some time before I expect to add another dog to the group here so I will use that time to look for breeders and learn about them. I know what you mean about the mental stability thing, that seems to be an issue with all breeds. A good mind does not seem to be a top priority for the majority who breed, but physical attributes do not trump mental ones for me. The GSP is not a common breed in my area either tho so that means they aren't being bred by every one and his brother with no regard for the outcome, that makes it somewhat more likely to find a decent breeder if I can find one at all.

Beautiful dog!

My neighbor has one and he runs and runs all the time. It's like a cartoon very funny.

Latest posts

Back