New Pictures of DUCKY -- DunIT's 1st Son

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, everyone
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

He is so gorgeous Jill. Are you going to be selling him? Or are you waiting and seeing...?
Wellll, now there's a question
default_biggrin.png

Initially getting into this, that had been the plan. However, I sold some adult horses very recently and decided just before he was born that I'd let myself keep foals if I wanted to and had time. Trying to be objective (admittedly not easy), I feel like if Ducky were someone else's colt and were for sale, I'd want to buy him, so.......
dance.gif

We shall see how time and all pans out but Ducky really has what I look for in a show colt
cloud9.gif

I do think I'll be chaperoning a date between DunIT and Hope so there will be a repeat of this cross for 2009!!!
happy0064.gif

withballoon1.gif
Ducky%20040%20site.jpg
withballoon1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
He's looking fantastic Jill, I am going to enjoy watching this one grow up.
default_yes.gif
Are you going to show him this year as a weanling?
I think I will
default_yes.gif

It would be hard for me to resist and the appeal of not having to actually condition a weanling sounds good to me right now (tired tired tired!!!).

Jill

Hes just the greatest. I do have a question though do you think he will stay black? I dont see any goggles but he isnt the gray color most black foals are at birth so was wondering if you think he will stay black? I have a yearling filly black and white pinto and she is black black like Ducky and so far she still is that dark black but others have said she will probably change. Still waiting for any changes so wondered what you thought about your handsome Ducky.

Thanks, everyone! He is really, really special to me. Why'd I think it be any different? As I snapped some pics of my gelding we raised from birth (but bought the mare pregnant, even tho she was pregnant to our stallion...). So, I just am especially fond of the ones I knew from the time they were conceived I suppose. I am sure I'm not the only one who is that way!

Nita, I am not sure if Ducky will stay black or not. DunIT, his sire, is a grey-grullo. From what I understand NON FADING blacks are born jet black, like Ducky and your filly. People say the jet black minis grey, but that's not actually the case unless they have a grey parent and then they might but has nothing to do with them being jet black. By far, most black horses are fading blacks, and those are born a lot lighter. Jet black horses are born jet black. SO, Ducky and your yearling filly will either stay jet black, or grey... but the blackness of their color is not indicative of the grey gene at all (dispite what we may have heard to the contrary). My hunch is that if you're seeing no signs of grey on your filly by now (really by only a few months at most) then she will stay a jet black / non fading black horse
default_wub.png

Jill

He's looking fantastic Jill, I am going to enjoy watching this one grow up.
default_yes.gif
Are you going to show him this year as a weanling?
I think I will
default_yes.gif

It would be hard for me to resist and the appeal of not having to actually condition a weanling sounds good to me right now (tired tired tired!!!).

LOL I am showing my new baby also this year (haven't announced her yet but will today or tomarrow) I think its cool because I'm going to a show that has Mare and Foal class and its a payback class with a trophy
default_firstprize.gif
so I'm hoping to do well Mom is the black mare in my avatar so you never know. It'll be fun I like showing weanlings they are so squirmy but adorable
default_wub.png
Good Luck with him so am looking forward to more pictures!
default_wink.png

I look forward to seeing her pictures!!!! And, when you are ready, send me some to add her to your avatar
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

Congratulations Jill, he's a real cracker!
default_biggrin.png

I know just how exciting, proud, and full of hopes and dreams you feel with that first one that you truly bred yourself.

Oh, gosh, Jill, he's beautiful!!!

I told you your foals would be amazing and he's just proof.

I LOVE that pic where he's looking back over his shoulder.

He's just amazing.

Liz

OH Jill he is so darn cute, makes you want to just hug and squeeze him
default_biggrin.png
Having a new foal around is so much fun, I'm sure you are enjoying every minute
default_yes.gif
I know I'm really enjoying my girl and yes I hug and squeeze her all the time even it goes against her idea of fun
default_rolleyes.gif
Keep the pictures coming you know they grow up too fast. Joyce

Welcome to the world "Ducky".

We have been waiting for you.
default_wub.png

Ducky.jpg

xox Leonie xox

Thank you everyone!!! He's really captured my heart.

AND................. he just might have a new sibling that we'll be announcing soon. Might catch a sneak peak of her in my avatar
grin.gif

Leonie, thank you SO MUCH!!! I love that collage!!! That was so sweet of you and I'm going to add it to Ducky's page right now. Thank you thank you thank you!!!
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back