New Pics of Sunny and Bacardi-Pal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
Hello, Everyone --

Well, it won't be long now until Sunny, Bacardi-Pal, and little Mr. DunIT are here in person, but in the meantime, Erica sent me new pictures of them that she took yesterday and I wanted to share them. The anticipation is really building! They should be here at my house on Tuesday!!! Only two more days. I may wear out my welcome as I'll be posting pictures of them once they get here, and also pictures of the little horse stable that Harvey built for them (he did a good job!!!)

First, here is Sunny (Tibb's Sundowner). I debated showing current pictures of him. Sunny has been living every horses' dream out at Erica's on acres of grass and with supermodel mare friends. But, he did pack on the pounds as a result. He's lost quite a bit since this summer and I think I will have him looking like his spiffy, slim self come Spring time and the shows, and also have him in the cart! Sunny is a 9x National Champion / Reserve National Champion and I would bet most of you who have seen pictures of him have only seen him in show shape. He is still beautiful and I love his color and how even though his body became tubby, his neck stayed nice and lean. I also love his expression and think he just looks like a very honest and easy horse to love. I look forward to spending a lot of time with Sunny.

Sunny%2011122005%20DSCN0971.jpg

Sunny%2011122005%20DSCN0972.jpg

Sunny%2011122005%20DSCN0973.jpg

And, to be fair to Sunny, here is a picture of him in show shape looking like a million bucks:

sunny9-smaller.jpg

Then there is Bacardi / Pal (Little Kings BT Bacardi Gold, pending). I just love these new pictures of him! He looks like a ham and a show off already!!! And he is actually pretty golden for a fur suited woolly mini man. Bacardi is going to be gelded ASAP (possibly this fall after he settles in). He will make his show ring debute with us next spring and will be our B Division Jr. Gelding. Later, he'll be a driving horse, too. Even in his winter shaggy suit, he just looks like a horse who wants to be in the show ring!!!

Bacardi%2011122005%20DSCN0989.jpg

Bacardi%2011122005%20DSCN0985.jpg

Bacardi%2011122005%20DSCN0987.jpg

Bacardi%2011122005%20DSCN0990.jpg

Thanks for looking at the boys. It was February when Erica and I first talked about me buying some horses, so it has been a long time to anticpate and look forward to their arrival. I am still a little bit nervous about them coming home but mostly just looking forward to getting to know them. AND I do know my answer to Marty's "whatchadoingthisweekend" post for this coming weekend -- spending time with the new guys!!!

Jill
bye.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Jill, I bet you are very excited! Congratulations on these 3 new guys
yes.gif
Any new pictures of DunIT?

Jessica

[SIZE=14pt]Lucky you! They look great even fuzzy![/SIZE]

Lyn

I know when they are coming through, I can hijack that trailer, you won't ever see those horses, they will be mine, all mine.
tease.gif
nahnah.gif
tongue.gif

Jill, I think it is neat to see the non show pics. I really like them.....
smile.gif
Nice horses! That Sunny is a neat horse! He looks to have such a neat personality that shows in the pics.

If you decide to add a mare to the herd, I think you should name her Cher
biggrin.gif
then you can play that song "I got you babe"
yes.gif
You know, Sunny and Cher

Actually, Jill, here's a idea for costume class at Nationals for you and Sunny. You drive Sunny in the ring and you can dress up like "Cher"
yes.gif
I'm especially creative in the morning with ideas
wink.gif
don't ya think?
laugh.gif

Erica, I see your pug peeking out in the pics. Cool dog!
smile.gif

They are looking great Jill!! I can only imagine how excited you are!! I was so excited when I got my boy....but I sure didnt have to wait as long as you did to get your boys!! CONGRATS...and I look forward to seeing your post once they get home
yes.gif

-Kris
saludando.gif

Thanks, folks
biggrin.gif

Yes, I am way excited. The first horse I got from Erica was Destiny, who stayed with her for the show season and now we are co-owning him for next year and he's staying with his other mommy (Erica of course) and going to date some of Bandito's daughters and show some more with Erica.

Then there was DunIT who Erica said I could buy when he was a couple of weeks old... obviously, he couldn't leave that early and had some show dates of his own
smile.gif
It all just sort of snowballed to include Sunny and Bacardi. I don't even know which I am the most excited about because it feels like the one I'm the most excited over is always whichever one I am thinking of at the moment.

But, I got some bad news just a few moments ago. The shipper has had some delays and now we are aiming for the boys to be here next Monday, November 21... But, that's okay. I will get a long Thanksgiving weekend to pig out and hang out with my new buddies.

Russ -- I like your Sonny and Cher idea, but I don't think anyone would want to have to look at me dressed as Cher!
laugh.gif

Jill

I'm sorry for the delay, I know it is killing you! But I know you are going to love Sunny
yes.gif
he is a wonderful horse! My daughter took him to one of those Champions at Nationals when we "borrowed" him from Erica. He looks good in my opinion, for right now going into winter. You ought to see our horses right now too, noonoe looks like they have been show horses. Please do post more pictures once they get there. Looks like it is going to be Christmas early for you
biggrin.gif

Jill, I feel your excitement!

You have waited a long time!

My horses are big fluff balls. You could not believe that they were actually good looking this summer if you look at them now.

Thanks, everyone!

Now that they're supposed to be here in one week, next Monday 11/21 and I have a good feeling that they really will be (was skeptical before), I will be so wound up by the weekend I will be impossible to be around!

And, have no fear, there will be more pictures of DunIT (and Sunny & Bacardi) than anyone other than ME would want to look at and I will share them with you all
laugh.gif

Jill

Last edited by a moderator:
Jill,

Sunny & Pal look great! I know how excited you are, waiting to get your boys home as I feel the same way with Jinx! I can't wait for next monday.
yes.gif

WOW
new_shocked.gif
, i'd be excited too. CONGRATS
aktion033.gif
I bet your sitting on pins and needles waiting
yes.gif
. Sorry they're not coming as soon as you thought, but the extra days won't take long to pass.

I'm sure most of us won't mind being 'pestered' with the extra photos after they arrive, i'm looking forward to them
wub.gif

Nicole
saludando.gif

Erica, I see your pug peeking out in the pics. Cool dog! 
Yep Russ, He "thinks" he is a farm dog and tries to help out with everything
biggrin.gif

wub.gif
I hardly ever post but am always on, I just have to say Im extremly jealous you have Sonny coming to you(in a good way lol) I had emailed erica i think 3 times about him while he was still for sale, the timing wasnt right for me however
no.gif
i always went back to check and see if he still there , hoping maybe he would be when i could possibly buy him, Sooooo you know i have been watching your posts with more than a little green, somthing about him is so special, well, that will teach a good lesson if you feel it make it happen somehow
biggrin.gif
So enjoy him, ill just keep looking for one like him out there (ya right lol)
th_100_0067.jpg
this is my one and only, for now
smile.gif

Hi, Deb --

Oh! I know how you feel. I thought about Sunny for some time. At first, I wasn't going to let myself but I did think about how when someone else said they were getting him, I'd be really jealous. So, when Erica brought him up to me again, my will power was on vacation. That is one fine looking mini you have yourself
smile.gif
He or she looks beautiful!!!

Jill

Jilly when you go on a shopping spree you don't mess around do you?

Just so happens that I think they are on the same transport with Jinx, heading up my mountain.

Now then: The way I see it, we can do this two ways:

I can unload them and hide them in the back 40 where no man has ever gone before, or,

I can poke my head in that trailer and add scrunchies and feed carrot treats.....and let them be on their way to their new mommy while I sob "so close, but yet so far........"

By the way, I'll hand them each a well needed vomit bag to help them get back down the mountain.

Jill said:
Hi, Deb --
Oh!  I know how you feel.  I thought about Sunny for some time.  At first, I wasn't going to let myself but I did think about how when someone else said they were getting him, I'd be really jealous.  So, when Erica brought him up to me again, my will power was on vacation.  That is one fine looking mini you have yourself
smile.gif
  He or she looks beautiful!!!

Jill

500050[/snapback]

Thank you, she is a girl lol

Jill they are gorgeous!
wub.gif
Congratulations on your new boys! I know it must be hard for you to wait!

Latest posts

Back