New pics of Belle (my Buckeroo dtr) and Sparrow

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShaunaL

Reaction score
I took a picture of my 2 year old daughter Peyton with her new best friend, my Buckeroo daughter Belle, that I really like. I've had it as my avatar for about a week but I wanted to post it anyway
default_wub.png
Please excuse my daughter's jammies, we just throw on shoes for morning feeding
default_biggrin.png

Here is Little Kings Bonniebelle Buckeroo, a Buckeroo daughter and King Supreme granddaughter

Belle_Peytoncrop.jpg

and a movement pic - I don't like the way the shadow behind her distorts her outline, it was early morning, but it's all I have for now

Belle_trot_2_3_10.jpg

We have a long way to go with conditioning but I am very excited to start showing her in a few months
default_wub.png

I just posted Sparrow's new pics in another thread but that thread is older so here is my little boy again. I'm SUPER excited about his show career as well
default_wub.png

Cross Country Ericas ??? ~ "Sparrow" yearling colt

Sparrow_A_2_14_10.jpg

Sparrow_B_2_14_10.jpg

Thanks for letting me share
default_smile.png

Gosh Belle is Stunning!

I like the pinto too.

I forgot for a moment that you lived in California and I gasped and thought wow, you clipped her already? LOL Lucky you!

She's a beautiful girl as I knew she would be! Love the pictures - we too do the jammies around here!

Love the pinto - what a looker!

Sparrow is really neat looking. How about Cross Country Erica's Wing and a Prayer? Your filly is really gorgeous too. I love the photo of her with the little girl. It looks like it should be a magazine cover photo.

I love
default_wub.png
Belle's coloring! She is beautiful and that picture with your daughter is priceless!
default_biggrin.png
I love Sparrow's unique marking on his face.

Thank you for the replies - I am so excited about my 2010 showstring...
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
I'm sure I will be posting plenty once I get some show pics to share!

Great name Mominis! I like it and it goes with his call name too. I am waiting for his papers (in the mail to me now) and I don't know what name will be on there or if I can still name him. Ah, the suspense LOL I threw "Hearts Afire" in as a suggestion in Dec but I don't know what was decided. I do love his call name Sparrow though - it fits him perfectly
default_wub.png

little lady - I think Belle is a red roan but I am not sure. She clipped out very red which surprised me for a first clipping of the season but she has a lot of white hairs distributed throughout her body, like a roan but she also has a ton of white hairs across her face, so not like a roan?? Do roans have that too? I don't know what she is LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Your buckeroo daughter is exquisite
default_smile.png
, she is sooo nice
default_smile.png
. I love the buckeroo get, i have a grandson and his movement is a lot like hers
default_smile.png
! I can't wait till i grow up and get finished school and one day own a buckeroo son :D. Congrats on ehr, shes sooo adorable!

Hey Shauna, just wanted to mention about how you said that Belle has white hairs on her body, our two reds, Hellboy and Daisy, have that too. More so on Daisy, she has white speckling on her face and 10-20 different sized white smudge marks on her hindquarters. No appy that we know of. Their dam Sugar, has one smudge on her right shoulder, Daisy has them on her hindquarters, and Hellboy has one on his left shoulder and ONE spot on his rump! Go figure that he is in between the two girls. Their sire is supposed to be an overo of some sort so we are guessing that Hellboy and Daisy might have sabino or something. Who knows? lol

Your buckeroo daughter is exquisite
default_smile.png
, she is sooo nice
default_smile.png
. I love the buckeroo get, i have a grandson and his movement is a lot like hers
default_smile.png
! I can't wait till i grow up and get finished school and one day own a buckeroo son :D. Congrats on ehr, shes sooo adorable!
Thank you! I was in your shoes once, (well, kinda, no Buckeroo grandson for me then LOL) and while it was hard to be patient, you WILL make it to where you want to be. How much longer do you have to go to grow up (do we ever, really?) and finish school? I hope you get an amazing Buckeroo son!

Denice, sabino crossed my mind too, especially since I have at least one sabino stallion, my Masq. She has far fewer white hairs but the distribution pattern seems similar. But where would it have come from? With her being a King Supreme granddaughter I figured roan was likely but she just doesn't look like a typical red roan to me - her head and legs are the same color as her body and the white hairs are evenly distributed throughout.

Speaking of sabino - what do you all think my colt Sparrow is? He is buckskin and ... tovero? ? Look at the left side of his neck, see that roaning there? I'm thinking Sabino, especially with the facial markings. He also has very jagged edges to some of his markings and coming up from his stockings, is that sabino?

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Belle's eye, so pretty.... I'm an eye person, LOL. That pic with your daughter is too cute!

Latest posts

Back