New photos of my rescue horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaos Ranch

Reaction score
Well I am about as happy as a person can get over these horses. They are shaping up really well, getting a nice sheen to their coats, and beginning to put their trust in us.

I thought I'd share a few pictures of the horses now... we're 3 weeks 4 days into rehabing these guys and so far everything is going very well. We're going to get our cattle panels over there and get that little yearling filly caught so we can begin working with her, get her weaned and ready to rehome.

Anyways... here's the pictures.

This is a pretty black pinto mare that my husband claimed as his right off the bat. She looks pregnant to us... what do you think ? Donnie calls her Fantasy.

Fantasy_1.jpg

This mare's name is now Kia as the people we got them from didn't tell us names, ages, nothing. She's a real beautiful horse and I am really looking forward to her getting all her weight back on.

Kia_1.jpg

Kia_2.jpg

This mare has now been named Ruby. She was one of the skinniest ones we got. She's slowly putting on her weight, and I'm very optimistic about her recovery because she's already shining up, and walking with her head held up rather than it being hung low like it was when we first got her.

Ruby_1.jpg

Ruby_2.jpg

Here's the little black pinto gelding. My oldest son Dakota wants this horse to be his. He took to him right away.

black_pinto_gelding_1.jpg

black_pinto_gelding_2.jpg

Here's the mare with the bum shoulder and the hernia. They said they got foals from her after her car accident, and with that hernia. I am going to rehome her to a pasture full of retired horses. We're working on getting ahold of the guy now that will take her in. She's a real sweetie and has the prettiest most friendly eyes. I really like her, and I want her to have a nice home where she's not asked to do anything but be beautiful.

hernia_Mare_and_fantasy.jpg

hernia_mare_1.jpg

Here's the momma mare. She's the one with the yearling filly nursing off of her. Her feet are horrible, but she's only just now getting trust in us and letting us touch her and pet her. I tried to pick one of her feet up and it scared the daylights out of her. She'll need lots of work to get her trust.

momma_mare_1.jpg

momma_mare_2.jpg

And last but not least is the yearling filly that's nursing on the above mare. Her feet are bad too, can barely wait to catch her and start working on her trust in humans. She's never been handled, but I am also optimistic about her too because she seems like a gentle little soul once you look in her eyes and see past her fear from being neglected.

yearling_filly_1.jpg

They're looking so much better! Good for you! I'm sure that hernia can be repaired, no?

They look great! I'm a sucker for Appys!
default_wub.png
Keep up the good work!

They are all coming along wonderfully! And yes, the mare in the first photo does look like she may be pregnant......Although I hope not, for your sake.

What a shine on these guys! YAY for Kim! You are doing an excellent job and they look so happy. I think the mare looks pregnant too oh oh..... and plus I also think you may have a couple of cases of founder going on; the bay with the white blaze (hernia horse) and the red horse (being nursed upon) so take a close look. Hard to see good from here so be careful. Keep up the super good work. I can tell you are in your glory and so proud of these horses. Did I mention for YOU to be careful young lady?
default_wub.png

Yes, I think the one looks pregnant.... wow, I cannot believe how much they have improved already! They look SO much better in just this past month! And yes, got dibs on that Appy in the background! LOL

What a difference in them! Thanks for the update and pics- keep up the good work!!

They are looking better! Good your you!

Have you been in contact with a local rescue for advice? I do hope you have been able to get a vet and/or a farrier to donate their services....even just one visit would help you immensely.

Doesn't it make you feel good to see the beauty coming back into something that looked so bad? They do look so much better, sounds like they are feeling better, too! Good work!

They are looking goooooood!!! I just love taking in rescues, but it's usually just one at a time in my case. Wherever did you get them?????

Is there a previous thread????

I would love to catch up on it.

Lori

Latest posts

Back