New or Experienced mothers I have a ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilSapphire

Reaction score
What are some of the things that when your children were babies or if they are now that you could not live without? Like what really came in handy to have around to make things easier with the baby such as like I know diapers are a must but what else is something that you can never have enough of? Thanks Everyone

Jessica

Probably baby formula?

And let's not forget the Gerber baby food.

Oh and those little wipes.....

Oh and a spit up rag for your shoulder.
smileypuke.gif

Oh and booties. Babies should have their feet in adorable booties.
yes.gif

OH and you know what else I couldn't get enough of ?

Those things that are called "onesies".....they are a one piece cotten underwear that are like a white tee shirt that go over the head and snap at the crotch. They go under the babie's clothing.

Do you know a secret that we don't know?????
biggrin.gif

baby swing I couldnt have lived without it raven was in her swing out at the barn at about 3 months old so I could work horses and feed and get stuff done.

A CASE of baby wipes!

For warm weather daily wear, the onesies were priceless.

For cold weather daily wear, the one-piece jamies with the feet on them.

Playpens are hard to come by, but there is now those portable crib/changing table things that can be used like a playpen too. Can't remember who makes them, but motels use them a lot if you need a crib in your room.

MA

Baby wipes for sure!

Also those little all-cotton receiving blankets, they can be used for everything.

Myself, I loved the little "nightgown" type outfits for my newborns. It made changing those diapers so much easier. They need to be changed SO OFTEN when they are new, it's just nice to find their legs and get in there and do what needs done rather than dealing w/snaps and zippers, etc, especially at 2 a.m. and you haven't slept more than two hours in the past 24!

I know there are other things, but I can't think of them now!

Liz M.

Onesies, carters sleepers, and burp rags. Also, changing pads. I loved those things! And the ability to sing (even out of tune and off key, at three in the morning) (Christmas songs in August was my favorite!). Arms to hold them, and lips to kiss their little toes-es and nose-es.

Hmmmm MONEY!!!! checks, MONEY, credit cards, MONEY, a raise, MONEY, time oh and did I mention MONEY!!!!!!
rolleyes.gif

Fanny wipes, onesies, a swing, jolly jumper, boom boom bear! Definitely bear! He was a bear 21 yrs ago new to the world that played the uterine sounds for the baby. When Glacia was born I had it with me in the hospital and the nurses hijacked it for the nursery many times. Helped alot! Course it didn't work for Shain. But the swing sure did.

Fisher price crib musical aquarium- It put us both to sleep
laugh.gif
Recieving blankets - they are used for everything- oneies and one piece pj- baby wipes- Diaper rash cream-

My mother!!!!!!!!!!!

Good friends!

Wipes, in that order!!!!!!!!!

After my mother left the swing!!!!!!!!!!!

My mother comes from Ireland and stays a month every time I have a baby, I have had three. She is in the delivery room with me and is just so amazing and supportive.

She made me feel so good and then took such good care of me after the birth!!!

It was the best, I cried when she left!!!

You really need supportive family/frineds to be there right after the birth!

A bouncy seat was pretty helpful, but the BIGGEST "little thing" was bibs that velcroed or snapped! They are easy to put on one handed.... ANYTHING that makes one handed work easy when you have a little feller is helpful...lol

Chris

Well.... my son is 18 months and if I had to choose things I just could not live with out it would be, a bassinette(sp). It was perfect when he was little and I slept on the couch. He was safe in there and I could move it all over. Also when he was very tiny the changing table pad thats like covered curved foam was perfect for washing him up and I felt comfortable he was not going anywhere.

When he got older and could sit up by him self I could not have live with out this bouncy car. And my high chair hooked on to my table(made by hippo I think) that was great because he could be in the kitchen with me and I would not trip over a huge high chair!! Yes I have a small kitchen!!!
biggrin.gif

Umm....... if I think about it the thing I use the most would be my play pen. It's Graco pack n play. Just the cheepy 49.99 and it had a small changing table that securely hooked on. I think this is my all time must have. I used it in the begining and I still use it today! ( get one with wheels!!) I remember asking the people thet worked at Babies R Us what was the easiest to set up and take down and Graco was the one they suggested. So I found it on sale at Walmart!

Everyday things..

Bottles w/ disposable liners

Wipes

Onesies all sizes and types

Pampers( they seem not to leak the best for my little one)

Hope that helps!

Leya

Oh ya did I forget MONEY!!!!
wink.gif

Gift cards

Diapers

Wipes

Formula

Bottles- small and large

Babysitting & Housekeeping!

For clothing, onsies and tee-shirts are terrific. Recieving blankets are the best, and cloth diapers make EXCELLENT burp rags- plus they are cheaper the the "true" burp rags, and they can be used later on as rags for all sorts of things!

Also, look into those mitts for their hands! Nathan was born with talons, and his nails still grow amazingly fast. Even when trimmed, they're sharp, so he's mitted all the time. If we don't use the mitts, he ends up scratching his face badly. My mother says my brother was the same way (he apparently has a small scar from it).

The bassinet is wonderful, but Nathan's already almost outgrown his (of course, he's larger then normal). The playpen will be a gift from heaven soon enough- it's just a portable Evenflo affair.

I know we were shocked by the prices of crib sheets & mattress pads... but the formula was the worst! And then we discovered how many diapers and wipes he goes through...
new_shocked.gif

When the baby first comes home, it's pretty hectic... anything to make it easier... like storage for baby the stuff (preferably easily moved), or just a helping hand for an hour or two.

I'm lucky- DH stays up so I can grab a shower, wash bottles, and get breakfast. Apparently, not every new mom (or new parent...) has such a helpful partner. Still, there were (and sometimes still are) times when I'd love to have someone to help watch/feed/change Nathan so I can get things done, or just have a breather and relax, or have some me/fun time.

And from what I understand, "adult" conversation will be craved... I know I've called my mom a heck of alot more then I used to.

Well considering she is a youth member I really really hope she dont have a secret. Maybe she is thinking for the hurricane people?

Onesies, baby wipes, baby cereal, disposable diapers, jars of baby food (if you are thinking for hurricane victims i would think all of these would be good!).

jennifer
saludando.gif

Someone to help you.

A swing.

Good comfortable rocker for all the night you have to sit up with colic, yap not only horses get it!!!!

Lots of patience.

jacks said:
Umm....... if I think about it the thing I use the most would be my play pen. It's Graco pack n play. Just the cheepy 49.99 and it had a small changing table that securely hooked on. I think this is my all time must have. I used it in the begining and I still use it today! ( get one with wheels!!) I remember asking the people thet worked at Babies R Us what was the easiest to set up and take down and Graco was the one they suggested. So I found it on sale at Walmart!

Everyday things..

Bottles w/ disposable liners

Wipes

Onesies all sizes and types

Pampers( they seem not to leak the best for my little one)

Hope that helps!

Leya

Oh ya did I forget MONEY!!!!
wink.gif

463694[/snapback]

GRACO! That's what I was trying to remember in my earlier post! That was my savior!!!! I used it as a crib, a playpen, and a changing table -- all in one!

And thanks for the backup regarding wipees and onesies......
yes.gif

MA

One of those small hand held, food grinders...I don't rememer what brand they were, but you could use it to grind table food for babies. Those are awesome!

The vibrating bouncy seat!!!! My son was so sick that he either slept in his car seat or his bouncy seat. Wipes, lots of them and lots of diapers. I have found that Pampers work the best, especially for little boys.The vacuum, it calms and soothes a colicy baby. I would just leave it running next to his swing when he was fussy. Binkies that's all my daughter wanted when she was a baby. My son wouldn't take one and I tried every kind!!! My mom was a big help even though I knew how to do it all she was there for support.

Christy

Thanks So Much Everyone!

Sorry it took me so long to reply back...darn school has me running around like a chicken with its head cut off
wacko.gif
Lol

And yep, like Nicole said I am asking for a friend of mine....definitely not me, got a couple of more years before that will happen Lol.

I do believe onesies seem like a super popular thing to have...very easy to put on and take off. I have everything you guys listed written down and I really appreciate you guys taking the time to help me out
yes.gif

Jessica

Latest posts

Back