NEW Mission Record,,,, Total Page 30

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gini - what a beautiful halter and of course blue is my favorite color - this would be gorgeous on my beautiful Ella - along with the $50.00 donated from Ella and little Rose - we will also donate another $50.00 for that lovely blue halter for my precious Ella.

(Hi Carolyn here is another one of the items up for auction. I am only showing the halter but there is also a lead to match. mini size halter... These are very nice quality halters and leads and are made in the USA. The 1st $45.00 + $4.95 postage for a total of $49.95 will help the rescue horses and you’ll get this beautiful halter and lead.)

I am so glad the girls are back is safe homes. We just don't ever know. A great example as to why we need to give. Just think how many other horses would be in this situation if there were no CMHR. If there were no one to go in and save them.

It takes us all!!!

ONE WEEK, WE JUST HAVE ONE WEEK TO GO!!!!!!

Wow, can not believe how fast the last 2 weeks have flown by, JUST ONE WEEK TO GO!

Not to many tomorrows to go. So please give.

All information as to where and how are on the first post.

Thank you to each and every one who has donated dollars and/or items! Every penny is making a difference, YOU are making a difference, thank you!!
default_smile.png

Gini - what a beautiful halter and of course blue is my favorite color - this would be gorgeous on my beautiful Ella - along with the $50.00 donated from Ella and little Rose - we will also donate another $50.00 for that lovely blue halter for my precious Ella.

I turned the computer on this morning and started crying. I am so happy Ella and Blondie's filly Rose made it thru this horror. I just know when the owner was alive the horses were loved and cared for. This should be a lesson to us all to have a plan for our horses when we can no longer care for them ourselves. Either by illness or death. My wish is for this man that did this to your horses that he go straight to HE**! Please post pictures here of these beautiful girls that are back in your life.
default_wub.png

Thank you for your donation from the girls and your donation for that beautiful halter. I'm getting it off in the mail to you today.

Gini

Donna, I turned the computer on this morning and started crying. I am so happy Ella and Blondie's filly Rose made it thru this horror. I just know when the owner was alive the horses were loved and cared for. This should be a lesson to us all to have a plan for our horses when we can no longer care for them ourselves. Either by illness or death. My wish is for this man that did this to your horses that he go straight to HE**! Please post pictures here of these beautiful girls that are back in your life.
default_wub.png

Thank you for your donation from the girls and your donation for that beautiful halter. I'm getting it off in the mail to you today.

Gini

For those of you that don't know Donna I can assure you she is one of the most remarkable horses owners there ever was and to have this happen to her horses has had to make her crazy. Donna I am so sorry, that is nightmare. I hate that it happened and I only wish someone had known sooner. I promise you if CMHR had known, we would have been there in a heatbeat.

Guys, there's stuff like this and so much more going on day in and day out and CMHR has to be there to clean up the messes, fix the fixable, and do everything we can to make a bad situation right again. Yes we get tired and overwhelmed and upset and work throughout many nights figuring stuff out and making plans but we don't care because that's what we do.

You all know what transportation costs. Just imagine being in a situation that has to come up with this kind of money in a blink of an eye to get horses to safety. Not easy and not without your help. We don't care about any amount, we'll take it and we are happy to get it.

We're getting down to the wire here. Please help us help the little horses.

Donna, thank you for being you.
default_wub.png

Well, it is one week until Thanksgiving, so we know what time that is for our $3 Mission.

Again we have a member who will donate $1 for each post written by a member, sharing with all of us what they have to be thankful for.

That's right, to get a donation of $1 for you, by someone else, just post on here what you have to be thankful for. This member just enjoys reading all the posts, so is willing to pay for them.

I really beleive we can break our record this year, everyone has been so very wonderful!!
default_smile.png

Our record for this part of the Mission, is 27. The most we have had is 27 members post how thankful they are.

This cost you nothing!! So get in touch will all your forum friends and have them come here and share what it is they are thankful for!!

EASY!!

Please share with us!
default_smile.png

We have until Sunday at noon.

You may only post once,,,well you can post more, but the donation will be one for each member who posts!!!!!!!

So hurry, post,,,get a friend to post,,,so they can get a friend to post!!!!

I am THANKFUL

For my husband, my life, my family, horses, great friends and this forum to share them all on!

I'd have to write a book to mention everything, all I'm thankful for, all my blessings.

I'm grateful for so much. My family, my friends, my minis, the roof over my head, food to eat, my town I live in.

Liz

I am very grateful for all in my family, my mini's, dogs. The neighbors I have that help when I'm away. I'm grateful for the forum and the great friends who post here. I'm also grateful for CMHR, the board I work with, the fosters, and the sponsors and supporters.

Much more but I'll stop here...

Gini

I am thankful that all those years ago.. This forum pulled together all to save one little horse we named Chance- there are more then a few of us who remember reading that first post on a sale board about him and were shocked and not even sure it was real- surely the owner had to be joking with some sort of sick humor

Once it was verified that the whole thing was actually a sad reality for little Chance.. the forum jumped to action and from that little horse CMHR was formed and has been able to help so many other little horses as well as the people who now love them

So I am very thankful that Chance brought together a forum and showed us all the power we have when we work together for the greater good.

I am thankful for all those who work tirelessly for CMHR those on the board and the foster homes- those professionals who help out with services- those who year after year donate and have made this fundraiser a tradition.

I am thankful to all my horses and ponies who make my life better on a daily basis

And despite some usual "family" issues I am very thankful for this forum(and for Mary Lou) over the many many years I have been a member I have been able to learn so much about minis- myself- how to deal with others and the power people can have when they give of themselves and care for others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where to start?
default_wacko.png
First I am most thankful for God in my life. Also for my wonderful husband and all my furkids--all 72 of them big and small. I am also grateful that my Parents are still with us at the age of 82 and 83 and able to live the life they mostly want. And don't want to forget all my large family and my many, many friends--whether in person on online. Way too many to name. I really am thankful I am healthy and have a good life.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Hi,,,for those of you that do not know me, my name is Prints. I have asked my mom to let me have her post for this part of the mission, as usually she can not say no to me, but I do appreciate it.

Five years ago, many here named me the 2005 Forum Baby. Well, let me tell you, it was an honor, but getting to that honor was no fun. Not for me or my mom. But I must admit, I did get a giggle or two from watching her trying to take care of everyone while getting no sleep for about 3 days. But that would be because of me, just not my fault.

You see, I was born with no sucking reflex, and it took everyone on this forum to get me through the first several weeks,,,then I kind of got choked, and again it was the forum,,,then I was severely dehydrated, was unable to stand on my own,,,but no one gave up on me,,,but most didn't have a choice, my mom was begging for help and she can be pretty insistant,,,so anyway, I started nursing on my own after weeks of this silly tube in my nose, I kinda took it out myself because it just didn't do much for the profile picture. I really enjoyed my momma's milk, that would be Frankie,,,and then I came down with joint ill. Again it was the members of this forum who pulled me through.

Even though I am still somewhat bratty,,,ok, a lot bratty, I was still taught some manners,,,so I have asked to use this post to say thank you to so many special people here on the forum. In no way have I forgot about you and all you did for me and my mom.

So for all of you, I am very thankful. I would like to wish you all the best of Thanksgivings.

Your friend,

VV's Picture Perfect Prints

prints.jpg

I am thankful for my little friends who wear fur year round. I am thankful for my job when so many are without. I am thankful for the roof over my head and a safe vehicle to drive. I am also thankful for those I call friends who do not have fur. I am thankful that this individual is willing to contribute a dollar for every person who posts their thankfulness on this forum. I am also thankful for this forum and the information I have gained by reading it.

I am very thankful we have CMHR to save and find wonderful homes for our little horses who are in need and obviously can't care for themselves.

I'm grateful for my beautiful son Daniel, the Hus who works so hard to keep a roof over us, and all my forum friends here that I have became very close with. I will always be forever grateful for the beautiful people that are now intertwined in my daily life. I'm grateful to be honored with the Board position of a very hard working bunch of people with the biggest hearts in the world known as CMHR. I'm grateful for my horses, my junk yard old doggy Devin, and the dog that is at my side named Amy
default_wub.png

I am thankful for life and the ability to make the most of every single day - for my family, my friends, the wonderful people that have made an impact on my life and for the precious animals that live on this earth.

I am thankful that all those years ago.. This forum pulled together all to save one little horse we named Chance- there are more then a few of us who remember reading that first post on a sale board about him and were shocked and not even sure it was real- surely the owner had to be joking with some sort of sick humor

Once it was verified that the whole thing was actually a sad reality for little Chance.. the forum jumped to action and from that little horse CMHR was formed and has been able to help so many other little horses as well as the people who now love them

So I am very thankful that Chance brought together a forum and showed us all the power we have when we work together for the greater good.

I am thankful for all those who work tirelessly for CMHR those on the board and the foster homes- those professionals who help out with services- those who year after year donate and have made this fundraiser a tradition.

I am thankful to all my horses and ponies who make my life better on a daily basis

And despite some usual "family" issues I am very thankful for this forum(and for Mary Lou) over the many many years I have been a member I have been able to learn so much about minis- myself- how to deal with others and the power people can have when they give of themselves and care for others.
This is beautifull and eloquently written Lisa and I feel this exact same way! I was just telling REO the other day how thankful I am for my little horses. They are the ones that have allowed me to meet SO many wonderful people.

My list of things I am thankful for would go on much too long so I will focus on the rescue and personal family and friends. I cannot even begin to express how thankful I am for the CMHR BOD, the folks that continuously support CMHR through fostering, adopting, becoming SC's, donating funds or supplies, offering transport and any other little or big way that you help.

I am most thankful to my wonderful husband of 25 years who supports me in all ways of life and is my rock. I thank God everyday for my wonderful children and one of the biggest blessings our family has ever received, my grandson Ayden Andrew whom shares my love of the miniature horse. He is four years old and knows every horse in my barn (all 19 of them) by name, what each one eats, where each ones stall is, whom is expecting, who kicks, who nips, which ones are "his". etc..............this child has the biggest heart for all animals! He tells me daily: "I love horses Babaw. I love ALL horses." He is the greatest helper I have ever had and will rescue horses when he is older I am sure.

_MG_0199.JPG

_MG_0197.JPG

_MG_0210.JPG

Thank you to every single person whom has ever given of themselves to assist CMHR in rescuing a horse. Without each and every one of you we would be unable to continue our work. Wishing everyone the best holiday season!

Connie Parr

CMHR President

Latest posts

Back