NEW Mission Record,,,, Total Page 30

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first person to claim this and pays CMHR $35 for it, gets one of my horse head sculture pins custom made of their horse!

I will do a head sculpture made by hand. It will be around 2" tall. It can either be made as a pin to wear or a magnate for your fridge!

These are small pins that I've made to give you an idea of what I do.

This one I made 15 years ago and I do better now LOL It's only about 1" tall.

website1019008.jpg

This is my logo and you won't get that, but I'll do your horse as best I can!

website1019009.jpg

Still available!
default_yes.gif

Still available!
default_yes.gif

I'll take this! I was just going to donate, and saw this bump! Reo - do I get to choose the color?

***UPDATED - payment just made through Paypal!!***

Last edited by a moderator:
Dana!
default_aktion033.gif

I'm going to try and do it of YOUR horse! A one of a kind piece! I doing use a mold, I sculpt it!

Email me side head pics of the horse you want! Oh and say if you want it as a pin or a magnate.

Yippee! My donated stuff has now raised $50 for CMHR!
default_aktion033.gif

We just sent in $10.00 wish we could do more.I was the lucky winner of T2 last year,he's doing great,sure love that little guy
wub.gif
. I'm sure thankful for this forum,what a great group of people
aktion033.gif

I wanted to come back on tonight to thank all that have donated to the $3.00 Mission of Thanks! CMHR would not be able to help the horses we do without each and every one of you!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

Who would have dreamed this rescue which started in 2003 because of a little horse called CHANCE, by the people who tried to help him. Would have grown through out the years to help miniature horse’s and pony’s in just about every state and Canada! It is caring people like yourselves that have helped this rescue become what it is today.

Like any organization we have had some growing pains along the way, but we have learned from those bumps in the road. Each day brings different challenges and we try and work thru every one of them. So far we have succeeded with your help, the miniature horse community, that we are so very proud to be a part of.

Carolyn (Frankie) comes on each year doing the “$3.00 Mission of Thanks” which is so very much appreciated. Carolyn, the CMHR board wants to THANK YOU for taking the time with all you have going on in your life to help. The new people on the form might not know Carolyn moved her farm from Indiana to Tennessee this year. With all the new challenges a move and job entails; Carolyn comes on and spearheads this Mission! THANK YOU!!

My job is really easy.. As Marty likes to call me I’m referred to as the “MONEY BAGS” and all I do is keep track of the donations. This year I made, as my GD refers to me “a fool of myself” with that picture! Oh well I keep telling her. It’s all for the horses!!!

All the fun, and joking aside this is the one time of year we come to you asking for help. The horses can’t ask for themselves so we do it for them. CMHR has had more horses come into rescue in 2010 than any other time I can remember. This is a bad time for rescue organizations and the horses that come in. Please help us by donating what you are able to.

THANK YOU!!!

Gini, you and CMHR and all the work they do is all the thanks I need, honestly. So many many people have done wonderful things for CMHR over the years. I know holding an office is not easy, I know going in and seeing these horses in horrific conditions can be heartbreaking, yet so many continue to do the work year after year after year. I can't imagine being a foster home, caring for and nursing a horse back to health and then giving them up to an adoption home, yet many continue to do so as this is their way of helping. Six years ago when I started this Mission, I just wanted to help. We've called it the $3 Mission so many could help as we were just asking for $3 and so many more would be able to donate that way. We all have to help in our small way to combat a large problem, for some it is talking until people don't want to hear us any more, for others it is fostering, others who transport, others give $3, and others who purchase from the sale barn. We do what we can do. Luckily we do what we can in all different forms, to make the group as a whole strong. I believe everyone here has shown the strength of CMHR.

SOOOOOOOOOO,,,,,,we need more show people for our current match!!! We need 10 folks to donate $25 a piece!!! If we get 10 show donors by Weds. we have a forum member who will donate $100! Help make the rescue horses a champion!! Do you show? $25 is the cost of maybe one class,,,can you spare $25 to put a horse in the "Healthy" class?

Lets here from the show forum members, we only have until Weds.

All Mission Members Welcome: To become a mission member, just donate $3 now, and $3 at the first of each month for one year, for a total of $36!

To donate in any form, please refer to page 1, the first post, on how and where to donate to, if you need any further information please let us know.

Thank you Robin, and Dana, and The Case Family,,,all yet again!!

Gini does so much more than keeping track of donations. Here is some of what the Board members do:

Connie Parr from CLP is the President and does a ton of work every day. She answers about 50 emails perday and phone calls and direct them to whoever they need to be directed to. She has to keep up on current information regarding all our horses. She also keeps up on horses that have been previously adopted. She directs the Board members and delegates jobs to each. She has also traveled out of state to make home visits to see our horses and keeps tabs on them. She oversees everything all Board members are doing.

Gini: We have established she is in every sense of the word our "Money Bags". She is responsible for all the money that comes and goes. This includes all donations. She has to keep track of every dollar and balance the books and submit a monthly treasurer report. She has to pay the bills we rack up. That includes paying all the vet bills and any supplies or supplements we send out to our foster homes. She sets up the vet appointments for our horses and tells them what services we want them to do. When she gets a bill and a written report, she pays. She is also in charge of setting up transport and paying the shipping company. Then she is in charge of the Sales Barn and ordering our sales items, selling them, and shipping them out. The fun part is she gets to make a report with IRS every year.

Shannon the Secretary: Her job includes every bit of red tape you can imagine.All the paperwork in the world is on her desk up to the ceiling. She is the keeper of all paperwork for all adoptions and foster homes and other correspondence and validates references. She also keeps pictures on hand of everything, maps, you name it. The great thing about Shannon is that she knows everything. When we need a foster home all we have to do is tell her where, and she will look up the closet home available and set it up. She is also our webmaster and works hard trying to keep it up dated. She keeps all registration papers in her files and background information on each horse.

Mary, Paula, Wendi, and I are considered "At Large" which means we are open to any jobs that need to be done.

I'm working now with Paula as she is new, mentoring her to be a case worker. She will be very good at this. Once a horse is in the foster system, the case worker has to help the foster home provide whatever the horse may need such as vet work, or find a good farrier, send supplements etc. whatever that horse needs its up to the case worker to do it. When we get people interested in adoptions, case worker will be answering them and guiding them; then staying with them once they have their horse until they are settled in. Paula is also using her CMHR horse Teddy as our Ambassador and has him "out there" as good public relations.

You know the saying "Jack of all trades and master of none?" That may be me. I recently put together a new handbook for our foster homes. It still needs to be tweaked. I do research on subjects on occasion when we need information and submit reports. Presently some of my projects besides case worker is get a video Christmas presentation ready for YOUTUBE advertising are horses. I also am Editor of our Newsletter which can be found here:

http://www.chancesminihorserescue.org/newsletters/CMHRHolidayEdition2010.pdf

Heeeyyyyyy Gini!! got any snow yet?? Got any snail mail donations yet??

Well, how about a total then???? Monday totals are good, gives us an idea how the weekend went.

So whatcha got??

Come on show folks, we can do it!! Need just 10 show people to donate $25 for a match to be made of $100 dollars!

We can't let this $100 slip away!!

But I do know some of you donated during the other match, I keep track.
default_smile.png

Monday is a great day to donate! Got the Monday blahs? Donating will make you feel so much better and wipe the blahs away!!
default_smile.png

Hi Carolyn nothing today as of now. We are still at $2945.00. Bills are still coming in and being paid as I am typing this. Come on Show People we need your help.... That $100.00 match would sure help with these horses as we have paid bills today of $275.00. Helping these wonderful horses into their adoptive homes does cost. CMHR appreciates each and every one of you and your donations to help the horses.. Again, I'm keeping record of the donations and you all will get a thank you when the Mission is over.

Thanks again for all the help you guys are giving...

Gini

A DIFFERENT KIND OF AN AUCTION!!!

I think this should be soooooooo much fun AND do very well. The biggest thing here is, you will have to check back often to see if YOU have the item being bought in the auction. That's right, we are doing it backwards. You don't post what you have for sale, you post what you want to buy and with a bid, and someone else responds saying, I've got that and it's sold to the bidder who bid ???

Again all of the money goes toward this mission.

Let me give you a few examples.

Lets say someone is wanting a 2003 edition of the journal.

They would come on and say, I will donate $20 to CMHR for a 2003 edition of the journal.

If someone has that journal, they will post that they have the journal and accept the $20 bid.

Or: I will donate $50 for a show halter with mostly silver, for a weanling.

Someone may post and say, I have that halter, but would like to up the bid to $75. The original poster would then have to repond to the person who has upped the bid.

Some may think their product is worth more than the original bid. That will be up to you.

You may also use the service of members.

As: I will donate $75 for someone to clean all of my stalls at next years Nationals for 2 days.

Someone would post that they accept the bid, they would then clean the stalls.

Please note that any postage involved would be paid by the bidder.

This is obviously on the honor system, I know no problem here, so please make sure you send out any product that you have given.

Please get in touch with the buyer, if you need help with that, let us know.

If you would also like to verify the money was sent to CMHR before you send it out, please get with Gini, I know she would be happy to help with that.

Remember, what you bid goes to CMHR. If you respond you are actually donating that product, item, or service.

Got it???? Any questions, please ask!!

Oh, it does not have to be horse related. Maybe you are looking for a new dog crate, we all have soooooo much stuff just lying around. Again, gives others a chance to help without giving money, but can maybe give things.

Woooooooohoooooooooooooooo!!!

Hi Carolyn nothing today as of now. We are still at $2945.00. Bills are still coming in and being paid as I am typing this. Come on Show People we need your help.... That $100.00 match would sure help with these horses as we have paid bills today of $275.00. Helping these wonderful horses into their adoptive homes does cost. CMHR appreciates each and every one of you and your donations to help the horses.. Again, I'm keeping record of the donations and you all will get a thank you when the Mission is over.

Thanks again for all the help you guys are giving...

Gini
Gini - I donated $35 after the first posting of this total, and I see another $10 -- are those included? They weren't made until after the 2945 was posted, and should have been counted toward the $100 match I believe?

I am looking for several things, but will do it seperate so I don't get confused.

I am looking for a show jacket, black with silver, size 12, more western style, longer style, good condition.

I bid $40

quote name='ruffian' date='15 November 2010 - 06:18 PM' timestamp='1289870313' post='1329528']

Gini - I donated $35 after the first posting of this total, and I see another $10 -- are those included? They weren't made until after the 2945 was posted, and should have been counted toward the $100 match I believe?

Thank you for asking.... They were not counted and I apologize.

Our new Total is now!!!!!!

$3,000.00
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif

I pretty much have given all I can but have a whole house full of "stuff" and I bake--don't forget that. Just need to put in a bid and I will start looking for what you want.

Oh, and I forgot--WOOHOO on the $3000 total.

I am looking for the National Edition of the Journal,,,the one after the 2009 Nationals. Not even sure what month it came out in.

Mine is ?????

So wanting the Journal with the 2009 Nationals featured.

I bid $10

I am looking for the National Edition of the Journal,,,the one after the 2009 Nationals. Not even sure what month it came out in.

Mine is ?????

So wanting the Journal with the 2009 Nationals featured.

I bid $10

I think I have it for you. It is the Dec2009/Jan 2010 journal. On the front it says "in this issue--2009 AMHR Nationals and 2009 Convention" Didn't take time to look through it, but I think this is what you want.

I did finally look at it and it has all the winners and stuff so I am sure it is the issue you want. I can scan the front and back cover in and email a copy of it to you if you like. It is in near perfect condition. It was on a table for about a month but no pages are messed up or torn. Just maybe a bit of fading of the cover. My email is [email protected]

I am looking for one dozen caramel rolls with pecans and I will bid $25 plus shipping to place of my choice. (Shipping to be paid separately, will pay fedex shipping)

A DIFFERENT KIND OF AN AUCTION!!!

I think this should be soooooooo much fun AND do very well. The biggest thing here is, you will have to check back often to see if YOU have the item being bought in the auction. That's right, we are doing it backwards. You don't post what you have for sale, you post what you want to buy and with a bid, and someone else responds saying, I've got that and it's sold to the bidder who bid ???

Again all of the money goes toward this mission.

Let me give you a few examples.

Lets say someone is wanting a 2003 edition of the journal.

They would come on and say, I will donate $20 to CMHR for a 2003 edition of the journal.

If someone has that journal, they will post that they have the journal and accept the $20 bid.

Or: I will donate $50 for a show halter with mostly silver, for a weanling.

Someone may post and say, I have that halter, but would like to up the bid to $75. The original poster would then have to repond to the person who has upped the bid.

Some may think their product is worth more than the original bid. That will be up to you.

You may also use the service of members.

As: I will donate $75 for someone to clean all of my stalls at next years Nationals for 2 days.

Someone would post that they accept the bid, they would then clean the stalls.

Please note that any postage involved would be paid by the bidder.

This is obviously on the honor system, I know no problem here, so please make sure you send out any product that you have given.

Please get in touch with the buyer, if you need help with that, let us know.

If you would also like to verify the money was sent to CMHR before you send it out, please get with Gini, I know she would be happy to help with that.

Remember, what you bid goes to CMHR. If you respond you are actually donating that product, item, or service.

Got it???? Any questions, please ask!!

Oh, it does not have to be horse related. Maybe you are looking for a new dog crate, we all have soooooo much stuff just lying around. Again, gives others a chance to help without giving money, but can maybe give things.

Woooooooohoooooooooooooooo!!!
This is a fun idea....I'll give it a go.....

*I will donate $15 to CMHR for one vintage pinto or paint horse figurine (about 2" tall, no chips, no breaks, no repairs). Does anyone accept my bid?

dannigirl,,,,,that is it!!

Thanks so much, I will get my donation to CMHR and send you my address. Let me know the shipping cost, I will cover it as well.

THANKS!!!!!!

Everybody NEEDS something, everybody has something,,,you may have looked near and far, and it may just be on the forum, just ask and put in a bid!!!!!!

dannigirl,,,,,that is it!!

Thanks so much, I will get my donation to CMHR and send you my address. Let me know the shipping cost, I will cover it as well.

THANKS!!!!!!

Everybody NEEDS something, everybody has something,,,you may have looked near and far, and it may just be on the forum, just ask and put in a bid!!!!!!

If you want it first class in a brown envelope, I will cover the shipping and you can just add $1.00 to the donation if you want. If you want it sent priority with tracker, it is something like $4.85 or $4.95 for that. My email is [email protected] and that is my paypal if you want it sent priority. Will get it in the mail as soon as you email me your address.

Glad I could help this time. Will be watching.

Latest posts

Back