New minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonny

past member - Someone just shoot me!
Reaction score
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Tomorrow my 2 new minis will come home!!

I am getting an in foal Palomino named Merri and a little sorrel named Ginger!

I will post pics tomorrow after they get here!

I am so excited!

Its going to be a challenge with Merri, not only is she in foal but she is shy. I will have fun winning her over! She is such a pretty girl!

Both Mares are a little on the rough side right now. They are dirty and unkept. Their hair is dull, and their manes are snarly and dry looking. I will also enjoy getting them healthy and shiny.

I will be having the vet out to US and determine the gestation time of Merri and Ginger, also to get them started on a good mare and foal feed or supplement and a good worming.

Congrats! I will look forward to the pictures. I know you will your mini's get them back into great shape pronto.Congrats again!

I am still waiting for them to get here. They should be here soon, just waiting on the call from the trailer driver.

Chomping at the bit here!
default_wink.png

Oh, you bring back memories of waiting on pins and needles for those new horses to arrive. Great feeling.

Congratulations!

Exactly. I am anxious and excited and aggravated with waiting!

I just want them here safe and sound!

Well she wasnt able to trailer them today.So it may be next week before they come home.
default_sad.png

Congratulations on your new additions!

I look forward to hearing more about them and seeing their pictures!!!

Hey Bonny,

I'm very happy for you on getting your new minis but just a word of caution...BE CAREFUL bringing new minis into a herd especially with Bonny and Shyanne both being in foal!!!! Make sure you isolate them from the others for at least 2 weeks and have a vet check them before you introduce them to your horses. Be sure they have UTD shots or get them vaccinated before they arrive! You said they are in poor condition already so they might be behind on vaccinations as well...good luck and I wish you the best of luck with them when they arrive!
default_aktion033.gif

Thanks Shelly! I am excited, depending on the weather with Gustav, I have a dear friend who will bring them home in the am. I have a pen set up for them. Should I not allow any contact at all? Like nose to nose?

Hey Bonny,

No...NO physical contact at all for 2 weeks and until a vet has checked them out and make sure they UTD on vaccinations!!!!!

You have no idea what they have been exposed to.

Ok talked to the guy today, he has had them about 2 months going on three. They were the Vets minis, so they are up to date. I will however have my vet out asap and keep them separate until he checks them out.

I think I will worm them asap also.

Hopefully if the weather permits they will be here in the am.

If they were a "Vets" horses, then it sounds like this guy DOES NOT take care of his horses and I would really rethink your decision!!!! Shyanne is in foal and needs special feed and nutrients that he will probably NOT give her...just something to think about before it is all said and done!!! Good luck and please keep the new minis seperate from Bonny until your vet checks them out!!!!!!!!!!! Wishing you all the best thru this storm...be safe and we will talk to you soon Shelly

Bonny are they comming today!!!

I really want something to show at my local (unrated) shows next year for the fun of it! We have some awesome shows close by and Cookies baby isn't due until June, so that baby will have to wait until the following year. I want another mini!!!!!!
default_crybaby.gif

Are you getting any of the storm???

Joyce

Bonny are they comming today!!!
I really want something to show at my local (unrated) shows next year for the fun of it! We have some awesome shows close by and Cookies baby isn't due until June, so that baby will have to wait until the following year. I want another mini!!!!!!
default_crybaby.gif

Are you getting any of the storm???

Joyce
Joyce,

You can show my foal next year if you want to...I will help or we can both show HER!!!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back