New minis!!!! Pregnant???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Country Hills Miniatures

Reaction score
I recently bought 3 new minis. 2 girls and 1 stallion. There previous owner passed away and info was not available as to if or when the girls were bred. One does look preg. The other not so much. The P.A. said they would be due by November if they are. I'm going crazy here knowing when. I've had experience with reg size foaling. And also minis in general. But not birthing minis. Can anyone with experience give me a clue here. And I want to post a pic but I'm new here and don't see an option for a pic.

I recently bought 3 new minis. 2 girls and 1 stallion. There previous owner passed away and info was not available as to if or when the girls were bred. One does look preg. The other not so much. The P.A. said they would be due by November if they are. I'm going crazy here knowing when. I've had experience with reg size foaling. And also minis in general. But not birthing minis. Can anyone with experience give me a clue here. And I want to post a pic but I'm new here and don't see an option for a pic.
image.jpgimage.jpg

Ok. Found the upload. The top pic is when we brought her home. The 2nd is a few days later. I think she looks smaller now. ???? What's up with that?

They can change shape when the foal is repositioning. There are some good articles about foaling on this forum. Ha ha I forgot to say welcome to the forum =D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi and welcome to the forum . Maybe we could get this thread over to the marestare section ?. Your mare looks very pregnant to me . Maybe you could get some pics for us . Take one down at her level from behind , so we can see how the foal is sitting . One of her udder if possible ?

You will find that the foal will move around causing the mare to have a different appearance to the eye . Over in the marestare section there are some pinned threads at the top . There is some great information that could be very helpful when she foals . Ask as many questions as you like . We are happy to help answer them .

Take a few pics of the other mare if it's possible she's pregnant too .

Looking forward to seeing what she's been hiding
default_smile.png

Ryan
default_smile.png

She does indeed look pregnant, and in her last trimester. Knowing her age may help, as mature mares who've had foals before will show their pregnancy earlier. Also, while she's eating her grain, place your hands on her sides, and you should feel the foal moving or kicking.

Back