New Miniature Owner!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdhminis

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, My husband Karl and I (Debbie) are new miniature horse owners!!!! Previously (and still currently) we also have our 4 Quarter horses. The miniature horses has been our dream for about 2-3 years and we finally began!!! I have been reading, reading, reading and this sight has given me lots of new info to research, etc. Hope to meet some of you here and on the show circuit! It may be a little while before we start to show - as we have to learn that also. Any suggestions you can pass our way - please feel free!!
default_aktion033.gif

Welcome to the forum and the world of minis! How many do you have? We would all LOVE to see pictures of them! And pictures of your biggies would be awesome too!

Again, welcome, and we are always happy to see new people come aboard! I love it here!

Welcome from Ohio!! Would love to see pictures of your horses!

kay

Welcome! I'm new to minis myself. We got our first almost 2 months ago and hoping for a second one soon. Everyone here is awesome! Friendly and helpful!

Love to see some pics of your babies. Good luck with them!

We are located by Ballard, MO which is close to Clinton, MO. We purchased a AMHR 11 year old mare that has a 2 month old filly by her side - which we also purchased (sire is EJH Buck in the Barn); and the mare is bred back to EJH Buck in the Barn to foal in Spring of 2009. We also purchased another AMHR mare 3 years old that is bred to have a foal in Spring of 2009!!!! Once I figure out how to attach pictures I will do so!! The name of our farm is: KDH miniature horses

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Central Oklahoma! We're new to minis, too. We've had ours for about 3 weeks now - a yearling gelding. We also have 2 full size horses (Quarter horse and a solid Paint).

What is your mini - gender, color, etc.

Again, Welcome!!!

Our mare that has the filly by her side is a bay tovero with blue eyes; her filly currently is a silver/light brown color at 2 months of age (sire is a buckskin). Our other mare is a red/white tobiano.

Okay how are you all getting the little pictures of your horses on the left side of these messages? I see the instructions at the top of how to add pictures to the message; but how do you do the little pictures
default_unsure.png

Our mare that has the filly by her side is a bay tovero with blue eyes; her filly currently is a silver/light brown color at 2 months of age (sire is a buckskin). Our other mare is a red/white tobiano.

Okay how are you all getting the little pictures of your horses on the left side of these messages? I see the instructions at the top of how to add pictures to the message; but how do you do the little pictures

Go to "My Controls" (Which is located under the "posting pictures info-CLICK HERE!" and "Problems staying logged in" links), and click "Edit Avatar Settings" in the Menu. Then, click "browse", find the picture you want to use, and click "Update avatar". You may have to refresh the page afterwards to see your avatar (It sometimes doesn't show up at first).

Welcome to LilBeginnings and miniature horses! You will love it here, and always feel free to ask any question.

default_saludando.gif

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Congratulations! You are going to have so much fun and this is such a great place to learn.

Welcome,,,,,,,from Indiana

Hello all! I might as well join in. I joined last night. To the other MO newbie I'm in Stover. I trim some horses near Clinton in Calhoun, MO.

I'm a Natural Hoof Care Farrier and 1/2 my clients are minis. I ended up buying a mini hoof jack! I've been working with minis for about 8 yrs at my old job ( quit after having 2nd baby) where I worked for a Corporate Get Away with exotics including a zebra and 2 camels I trained to ride. I trained all thier minis to drive ( previously driving Drafts with carraiges) and really thought they were cool. Then my girlfriend got into minis. She has 10+ mares now. She said something about not wanting a stallion on the property ( she has 6 big horses as well) and would I be interested in a co-op on a stallion? I raise Arabians and love handling stallions sooo I thought why not. Well that was last fall. I now have 2 more mini stallions. I plan to get a mare or two later. She has plenty for my boys!

Due to prices of everything , a new human baby ( got a 5 yr old , too), and starting a business of my own ( hoof care) I couldn't afford the larger feed bills of the big guys ( in #s) so I thought why not have more minis? I do have 4 big horses ( 2 stallions) and 3 boarders ( big horses). I also train so I'm usually dealing with that as well.

I have several carts so I do drive ( I do have a big cart for big horses, too) and I do love to ride my big guys with my love of trail rides and my love of Dressage which I hope to compete in. But kids don't allow me for awhile to do this but the minis I can do so with the kids especially.

Is there a special place to ask questions about bloodlines? Or looking for photos of horses in the pedigree? I picked these guys based on their phenotype. I am new to mini bloodlines and want to learn. I could tell you up and down about Arabians but I'm a very new on minis...

Thanks,

Amber in MO

Welcome Debbie!
default_saludando.gif

I live in OK too.
default_smile.png
It sounds like you're going to have fun with your minis.

I'm glad you've joined us here at mini-a-holic central!
default_biggrin.png

Robin

http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2175/1131...7/324843417.jpg

http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2175/1131...7/324843226.jpg

http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2175/1131...7/324843099.jpg

Here are the photos of the 3 mini's I purchased. Both of the mares are also already bred for Spring 2009!

These pictures were taken at the previous owners farm. The "girls" are going to be delivered to our farm in about 1 week as we are still in process of building their new paddock area and a new small run in shed & stalls. I can't wait though - reading all I can, etc!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, welcome to the forum from Sharpsburg MD. Love your minis looks like you started out with some nice ones. Congrats!

Welcome, Debby and Amber, from another Missourian! I'm a little south of you, down by the Arkansas border. We've had minis for 10 years. Started with 3, and now we've got SIXTEEN!
default_biggrin.png
You're in for a fun ride! These little guys are the best!

Melba

I love the expression on the pinto, it looks like she is smiling.
default_smile.png
They are all really nice. Can't wait to see baby pics next year.

Latest posts

Back