New mini owner here with hoof question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I am a new mini owner (about 1 week). Today, we noticed that our mini's left rear hoof appears to be angled out slightly. We are going to have a vet come out and take a look, but I was interested in what anyone has to say about it. He is a beautiful stallion, about 14 mo old. Very sweet. His hooves look ok and were trimmed just before we got him.

I was intending on training him for halter and driving. Will this hoof be a problem?

Im a mini farrier if you could post a pic maybe i can help ya out

Hi,
I am a new mini owner (about 1 week). Today, we noticed that our mini's left rear hoof appears to be angled out slightly. We are going to have a vet come out and take a look, but I was interested in what anyone has to say about it. He is a beautiful stallion, about 14 mo old. Very sweet. His hooves look ok and were trimmed just before we got him.

I was intending on training him for halter and driving. Will this hoof be a problem?

ok, will do that tomorrow.

Thanks.

here is the pic.

DSC04743.jpg

take the outside down lower then the inside that will straighten it with time

take the outside down lower then the inside that will straighten it with time

We bought our mini from a lady that did her own trimming. do you suppose she messed it up?

Thanks for your suggestion. I will let a farrier fix it. All I have to do is find one up here.

Latest posts

Back