New Mexico...Texas area

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevycouple

Reaction score
Hello I live in Clovis, NM and have decided to join the mini world once again. I still haven't purchaced one or two yet. Will sell big horse first. But am curious where I can find shows in the area. Also where are Nationals? I might want to go watch and learn.

Lots of folks in the Albuquerque area.

New Mexico Miniature Horse Club

AMHR Nationals are in Tulsa, OK

AMHA Worlds are in Ft. Worth, TX

smile.gif

Hey!

Here in NM, we only have 2 official shows a year. The LEMHC has the Spring Fiesta in May and then the NM State Fair has a "miniature" horse show during the fair. There are 2 clubs in the Alb. area. The Land of Enchantment Miniature Horse Club and now SMEA (Southwest Miniature Equine Association). SMEA allows all miniature equine up to 38" tall. They are a fairly new club, just getting started and like to do more fun stuff with the animals, not so much showing.

I'm sure being in Clovis, you might have easier access to some of the TX shows, which there are a lot more of.

Welcome to the Forum from Walters, OK.

If you go to the registries websites, they list the shows for the year. AMHA

AMHR

Welcome
aktion033.gif

I am located in Burleson, Tx really close to Fort Worth. Between OK & TX I usually attend about 10-12 so there is lots fairly close to you. Several different clubs as well. Best place to start looking for clubs/shows is go to AMHA & AMHR websites.

Also you mentioned you haven't purchased one or two minis yet. BE AWARE BE VERY AWARE there is no such thing as one or two minis!!!!
biggrin.gif

Hope to see you around the shows
saludando.gif

Sherry

Welcome from way up north in NY!
saludando.gif
Go to our Breeders Connect and you'll find lots of mini folks in the NM/Texas area.

Welcome to eastern New Mexico! Though in Clovis, you ARE practically on the state line, most of the shows in Texas are further east, so you are likely as close to the New Mexico shows as you are to most of the ones in Texas....

I am a charter member of the Land of Enchantment Miniature Horse Club(LEMHC); and currently, secretary--we do have members around the state, including one in Clovis, and one in Portales, as well as Roswell and Artesia! PM me if you'd like more info on LEMHC;we'd love to welcome you as members!)I am the one who convinced the NM State Fair to begin offering a Miniature Horse show,in '86-it became AMHA-approved at the start of the decade of the '90s, and continues today. LEMHC is the sponsor of the annual Spring Fiesta Show, at the State Fair grounds' indoor arena, each year around mid-May-historically, a good-sized show, and VERY exhibitor-friendly, especially as to cost, as we were one of the first, on my urging, to offer a flat fee entry schedule(I have always felt that showing should not be available just to the financially well-to-do!)

Population base and member support and willingness to work are vital to the 'putting on' of horse shows-as the 'home base' of the AMHA, east Texas does have LOTS of people who own minis, and LOTS of them want to go to a show that is just down the road. VOILA! Lots of shows being put on...so, if you want to show a LOT, you may have to move to hot, humid east Texas(Texans: no offense meant-I am a Texan by birth!
smile.gif
Humidity is just not MY cup of tea!), so as to be CLOSE to where there are a LOT of shows!!

In any case, you will find miniatures are one of the "best things going" in the horse world-I know I'd NEVER be without some!! (Am currently downsizing to a more manageable number, so when you're ready, holler if you'd like to look at several REALLY nice ones...
yes.gif
aktion033.gif
!)

Latest posts

Back