New Member with a new Mini! :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LauraInPA

Reaction score
Hi everyone! My name is Laura and I live in NE PA. I am not new to horses, having grown up showing Morgans, but I am getting ready to go pick up my first Mini today!!! I have always loved Minis and when I was young would always check books out of the library about Minis and Falabellas. Now that I have a 3 year old who is really wanting to do more with the horses I decided it is finally time! So we are off to meet our likely new family member around 12!
default_smile.png
He is a 4 year old palomino pinto 34" gelding. I am hoping my son will be a little less nervous around something more his size, and I am also very excited to train him to drive!

Anyways, I will post more about him once we bring him home, but in the mean time, here is a little rundown of my other horses:

Cass AKA Robbie Sue's Cassanova - 19 year old dark sooty buckskin Morgan stallion. This horse is my total heart. The sweetest horse I have ever met, you would never know he is a stud. He loves everyone and is more well mannered than most geldings I know. I have had him for 11 years and used to show him in western pleasure and did carriage driving for fun. We now just go on leisurely trails.

Rilly AKA PLB Victorian Golden Rose - 14 year old Palomino Morgan Mare. Got her at 2 and broke her, she was my first horse and so much fun! I used to show her in the hunter jumpers and trail. She is a spitfire and total mare! I don't ride her anymore as she tore her check ligament twice now, so early retirement for her.

Stella AKA Gogh Figure - 9 year old rescued grey Arabian mare. I adopted her as literally a feral yearling. She had a really rough start, including a horrible injury (you may notice the 3 and a half foot long scar down her side in some pics). I ended up breaking her very slowly, but it seems that she just had too much nerve damage to be comfortable with riding, so decided she would just be a companion for Rilly.

Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself! I will update everyone with how today goes! Hopefully I will be able to join the Mini club this afternoon!

208295_503348868471_3647_n.jpg

206739_503348878451_2385_n.jpg

Welcome!!!! I love the sooty buckskin
default_smile.png
. Beautiful picture. Once your little man is settled in we need some pics
default_smile.png

Welcome to the forum and the mini world! I also live in NE PA.
default_smile.png

(also if youre looking for friends for your new guy we have two little geldings for sale hehe
default_488.gif
)

You should join the keystone miniature horse club. We have three fun shows a year. Spring, Summer, and Fall.

this is the facebook https://www.facebook.com/KeystoneMiniatureHorseClub

and this is the website http://keystonemhc.com/

Thanks so much for the warm welcomes!
default_smile.png
Also thanks so much for the Club info Danielleee!! I will look into joining!

Well we did bring him home and are totally in love already!! He is so cute and spunky! He trailered like a pro for his first time in a trailer and seems so at home already! It was getting pretty dark when we got home, but I will try to get some good pics tomorrow! I also ended up bringing home a harness that needs some TLC and a wooden cart. Hoping they will fit him. Supposedly his father used them but was a couple of inches shorter than him so we will see!

Welcome from Wales in the UK. You have some very beautiful horses, hoping to see some pics of your new little boy very soon.
default_yes.gif

Thank you all! Finally got some pictures! It was soooo muddy today and he sure likes to play in it! Not sure if I can load a video on here but he rolled in the mud for about 4 mins straight! Luckily I got a few before pics ;) I am soooooo in love with this spunky little guy!

10422038_698496371311_2256728966902543493_n.jpg

10805544_698490308461_8943560127215083434_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And here is one of him from a few weeks ago at the breeders before he got toooo wooly ;)

get-attachment-2.aspx.jpeg

Thank you! He settled in so quickly and is such a joy! My son and him are in love with each other already. Hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving!
default_smile.png

hi and welcome from western kentucky. your little guy is adorable. love his color. i have a bay and a black bay, boring in color but perfect for me. they are wonderful. hope your son does well with him.

Hello, and welcome to the world of Miniatures from Wisconsin. Like you, I started out with big horses (was a barrel racer and had several AQHA horses, until my knees made that impossible), and have loved every minute of it. Enjoy your boy - there is so much you can do with him and this is agreat place to learn about some of the possibilities.

Latest posts

Back