New Member.... Got my New Mini today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini's Mom

Reaction score
Hi All, My name is Sandy. I live in Louisville Kentucky. I just got my new miniature horse today.....about an hour ago.
default_biggrin.png
I have own mini in the past, so I know a little about them. Let me tell you a little about her and how I come to be her new owner. I sold my big horse because I can't ride any more. Call my hay guy to see if he had any mini for sale. He said he had one that he would give me. Eight year old mare 36" that lost her baby about 2 weeks ago. She is register....Pine Bluffs Doris 297038B. On the registration there are two other names: AMHA: LBFS TOP SPOT 33".........AMHA: PINE BLUFFS SPRITFRIE. WHICH IS THE SIRE?? She is chestnut with flaxen mane and tail and a white blaze. Sorry never own a register horse before. I don't plan to bred or show, but that my change about showing in fun show with the kids. Looks like she has some app in her. I see spots around her eyes. Oh her eyes... He say that her left eye she is going blind in it. To me it looks more like the right eye. Having the vet out next week to check her out. I'll try to post a picture he took a at his place. She needs a good grooming.

IMG_1575.jpg

Welcome from MN.

Congrats on your new mini horse! =)

You've come to the right place.

Thank you. I just finish giving her a good grooming. Boy was that a job. She hasn't been handled in a while. Wouldn't stand still or let me pick up her back feet. Just doesn't want to be touch. I went slow and got the job now. I was told she show and drove before he got her. I'm hoping to find her previous owner and ask some questions about her. Looking at her eyes, it is the right eye that has is smaller and running. I don't think she can see out of it. I'll find more out when the Vet see her next week. She has blue eyes.

She going to shine like a new penny pretty soon..look at all those dapples !! She real pretty...who the little begger wanting to get in the picture too!! congrats on your new little girl!!

He gave me pictures of her that the previous owner gave him. I'll try to put them on here too. I would like to know which one was the

Appaloosa....sire or dam. Like said she has spots around her eyes. Can she still be used to drive, if she is blind in her right eye?

Appaloosa mare 2nd pic.pdf

Appaloosa mare 1st pic.pdf

Attachments

• Appaloosa mare 2nd pic.pdf
    213 KB · Views: 118
  • Appaloosa mare 1st pic.pdf
    243.7 KB · Views: 93
LBRS TOP SPOT is the sire, who was hardshipped into AMHR, so there is no pedigree showing for him.

He is the appaloosa parent, bred to a pinto -- so your girl is pintaloosa bred, and carrying appaloosa genes as evidenced by the sclera around her eyes and the mottling showing on her muzzle. She also has the two-toned hooves. I'll bet you'll find she has mottling under her tail and on her udder, too.

Likewise, PINE BLUFF'S SPITFIRE was also hardshipped into AMHR so there is no pedigree showing for her either.

The breeder of this little one did a great job in making sure this 36" "over" mare could be registered by hardshipping both sire and dam -- something that many don't bother to do because of the cost.

She was originally registered AMHA, and is carrying "permanent" papers, but she's definitely outgrown them so you were correctly not given them.

Here's her pedigree for you from the AMHA studbook which includes all the "missing" AMHR information from the registration papers you got.

PINE BLUFFS DORIS.pdf

Attachments

• PINE BLUFFS DORIS.pdf
    11.7 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:
Very nice!!! Welcome from sunny Southern California!

She is absolutely adorable, love all those beautiful dapples!

WELCOME!!!!!
default_smile.png

Along with her papers you should have been given a transfer signed by the registered current owner. Do you have one?

Yes There was a application for transfer in the papers. But it from the previous owner, but where it says buyer it's blank. The previous owner didn't print, so it's a little hard to read and date 7/6/2012. The current own didn't transfer the papers in his name.

I believe you are ok. You will have to pay a late fee since the papers weren't transferred in a timely fashion but that is definitely worth doing. If I remember correctly it isn't very much.

Congrats, and welcome from MN! She is really pretty, and I'm sure with a little work that she will make an excellent driving horse for you.

A big WELCOME from Fairdale..Glad to see someone from my neck of the woods.
default_saludando.gif
I have a Mini I'm training to drive..Hope to have him working the cart this weekend..Congratulations on your Mini..She really is pretty...Glad you found the forum..
default_smile.png
The people here are a great bunch of people and full of information..

Latest posts

Back