New Mare!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alisha514

Reaction score
Well I had been looking for a bay pinto mare but yesterday I went to an estate auction and they had a couple of minis up for auction. Well I seen this mare and she must of been ment to come home with me. She is a palomino pinto but I really think she is a silver palomino pinto. She is double reg. and 32" tall. Here are some pictures of her that we took today after we got her home. I clipped up her chin a little but her hair is still a little thick. She is a little chunky along the withers but shes not as bad as my other mare was when I got her. LOL

Here is [SIZE=14pt]Foxfire's Sunfire [/SIZE]

sunny2.jpg

sunny.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Alisha

Last edited by a moderator:
Congradulations. So glad you were there and got her. She really looks like a nice mare and pretty color.

Congratulations on your new mare. I'm very happy for you.

However, there is no way you can tell if a Palomino has Silver just by looking. In this photo, with the lighting as it is, she doesn't look Palomino at all to me, but more like a very light Silver Black or possibly a Silver Buckskin. The light can play tricks depending on the angle.

She is a dirty in these pics but she does have a darker look to her but in other pictures I found of her she looks like a palomino. She had a buckskin filly with blue eyes and a silver dapple colt. The silver dapple colt was sired by a bay pinto.

Here is a website that I found her on were she looks like a palomino

http://www.mini-go-round.com/sunny.html

Alisha

She is a dirty in these pics but she does have a darker look to her but in other pictures I found of her she looks like a palomino. She had a buckskin filly with blue eyes and a silver dapple colt. The silver dapple colt was sired by a bay pinto.

Here is a website that I found her on were she looks like a palomino

http://www.mini-go-round.com/sunny.html

Alisha
definately looks Palomino in those other pictures. Good lesson in how different a horse can look in pictures with different lighting.

If she had a Silver Dapple colt from a Bay stallion (that is truely Bay and not Silver Bay) then she has to carry Silver.

Hi Alisha,

You got a cute mare.

People weren't there with intentions of buying horses since they weren't advertised ahead of time.

The seller messed up by adding them into their farm sale the morning of it :DOH! The stallions prices were way pathetic for the quality of them
default_no.gif
$100 to I think $290.

The last one to sell was an AMHR/AMHA show stallion that was shown at Worlds and has a show record. Double Orion bred too. These were some of the horses owned by Top Gun Performance Horses that were listed on that online auction that ended on the 11th.

I went there for some tack and household items, and if I had bought horses,oh boy I'd still be hearing about it today
default_wink.png

Thank you all! Mashin i have to agree i was shocked at how low the horses went. I got really lucky because I know she is worth WAY more then I got her for. I got really lucky. I walked out after I got her but if I would of known that perlino stallion was going to go for only $200 I would of got him to or tried to get him even though I really dont need another stallion. He was really nice and had some awsome bloodlines. I was hoping that they had some minis for sale but i didn't really think that I would be able to bring one home as I thought they would of went to high for me.

Alisha

Latest posts

Back