New mare! :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaL

Reaction score
Our Miniature Horse club here in Florida puts on a Tack swap Meet a few times a year and there are usually a few horses there as well. Deb and I know this when we go and we definitely were not looking for any new horses...just wanted to go to see if there were any tack deals to be had and to see our horsey friends!

There were SOOO many nice sale horses there this past weekend...wow...and great deals, too! But, after just glancing at them and wanting to see the tack before it was sold, I didn't really pay attention to them....

Until I walked into the barn...and in the 1st stall was this palomino mare...and I peek in! Ohhhh....of course now I have to see her out of the stall and call her owner over to show her to me! Hehe...

She comes out of the stall and I am instantly in love! Where was Abby hiding this mare?? (In the pasture of course since she is AMHR and they don't show AMHR).

I kept going back to her stall, taking her out, checking her over...MUST have her! Other people were looking at her too and others saying what a pretty mare she is when I had her out.

I knew if I bought her, I would have to "let" Deb have the horse she's been looking at on an internet site for awhile...LOL...but I didn't care...I wanted this mare! (It is a disease!! LOL)

So, here is my new mare...she is a bit fat right now...I was going to breed her, but now I may fit her up and show her then breed her! She was a 2x National Top Ten as a 2 yr old...she is 4 now...Her sire is "First Knights Breakin' All The Rules" (who is also the sire of "Billy Idol"!!) and her dam is a daughter of "Skip A Star" (National Grand Champion stallion).

"Caretta's Snow Star"

(aka "SnowBall")

(Show pic as a 2 yr old and one taken yesterday)

424169_3587181644620_1425672212_33421488_1106690351_n.jpg

photo1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow she is really nice. I wish we had sales like that around here. Unfortunatey, the only horse sales we have close to here are the typical sick, broke down or drugged horses that should be reported for animal cruelty.....CONGRATS on Snowball!

Hate to admit it but she is a pretty mare and after she's finished showing for Linda will make us some pretty buckskin fillies with Khan lol. Can't wait for the details to finalize on my purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice!! Congrats on your new girl!

Congratulations! She's a beauty! I love Rules and I also think Skip A Stars get were amazing. I've had granddaughters of his and they all have gorgeous heads!

She's beautiful!!! Congrats! - Oh and Deb we are all "patiently" waiting to hear about your new one
default_whistling.gif

congratulations , what a find , she is gorgeous , love her and love her breeding too , I also have skip a star descendants and they also have pretty heads

Pretty mare Linda! Congrats!!

Now, to see what Deb is getting!

Thanks everyone! Deb's is still a secret...not to be revealed for another week or so.....lol
default_whistling.gif
:whistling

Can't beat a palomino, love them. And, this one is very, very nice.

Wish we had sales like that around here...

Lucky for you I wasn't there, Linda, or we would have been fighting over this mare! LOL She's gorgeous! Congratulations!

Congratulations on your new girl and it was nice meeting you at the meet. Lots of really nice Mini people, swap meets with really nice horses available. Mini Express there at the meet and AMHA horse shows so close by. Oh, I just LOVE Florida!!

Sue, it was great meeting you and Barbara as well! You brought some nice horses to the sale! Yes, everyone down here is so friendly...and I LOVE Florida, too!! lol

Sunny...My claws would have come out for the mare....LOL!! ;)

Latest posts

Back