New LTD's Lil Copycat Photos!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midnight star stables

Reaction score
I am sorry for the size of the pictures, I cropped them all but had no program to resize them with.
default_unsure.png

Any ways, I have not been able to see Cat in about two weeks and have been stuck at our other house due to lack of transportation. Yesterday I was able to get over to see my beautiful girl.

I love this mare to bits and I will never sell her... But boy is she sure flighty. From day one, we have never been able to catch her while she is in the field. Luckily our barn has a paddock attached to her field, which we have her walk her self in at dinner time. Every morning she is grained again, lightly brushed, fly sprayed and led out to the field on a lead. She good to work with... You just can't catch her
default_rolleyes.gif
This is something I have and will keep working on... One day she'll be a pocket pest like the rest.
default_smile.png

So yesterday I thought I would try free lunging her, in order to train her to come to me. I had my camera on hand, because I just think that she is so beautiful
default_wub.png

She watch me walk out into the center of her field. She was so peaceful I didn't want to bother her:

CatstadingAug108.jpg

But I asked her to trot and pushed her out to the rail ever so slightly and she sprung to life. She started trotting so vividly, she takes my breath away:

CatjoggingAug108.jpg

CattrottingAug108.jpg

She loves to trot and she rarely canters, but I asked her to, and she just floated around. I think she looks so beautiful and happy here:

CatcanteringAug108.jpg

CatcanteringatspeedAug108.jpg

Then I asked her to slow down and take it easy. She broke from her fire-y canter to a light springing jog trot:

CatlightlyjoggingAug108.jpg

I eased her to a walk and praised my special girl
default_wub.png
I snapped an apple into 3 or 4 pieces. I asked her to stop and I approached her. I tossed an apple piece towards her and she came closer and ate it up. I repeated that with the apple until she came to just under a meter or so away. I placed the last piece where I was standing and then I left. I praised her again and I went and got her a flake of hay.

A few hours later, she was done with her hay, she went back to resting under the shady tree in her field
default_wub.png
:

CatBeautifulyRestingAug108.jpg

Now I noticed that she has lost some weight. I have since increased her hay and grain. She is my project and I'm just going to keep working with her
default_saludando.gif
Thanks for letting me share my love
default_wub.png

[SIZE=12pt]Awww i love her!
default_laugh.png
[/SIZE]

I can't wait to see what you accomplish with her,
default_wink.png

she looks like a lot of horse.
default_wub.png

Are you looking to drive her?
default_biggrin.png

Oh I know you'll do a great job with her!! She looks great and looks like she is getting to know you. Shes a beauty thats for sure!

Banner Brat, I'd love to drive her, but I already have an awesome driving gelding. She is my special broodmare. I will Drive her Babies though - I want one just like her!
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png

Thanks Leeana
default_wub.png
I hope so... I think she did come up open after all
default_sad.png
I'm pretty bummed out about that
default_sad.png
not I have to find something to do for next year... ugh darn!

Either way I love my girl! Thanks guys!

You are doing a great job with her! Boy, she sure can M-O-V-E!! Can't wait to see her babies.

Latest posts

Back