NEW (long overdue) driving pics of GHOST

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

love_casper

Reaction score
default_saludando.gif
Hiiiiii everybody!!

Life has been quite busy lately! Much apologies for those wanting to see new Charm pictures - he's grown up into quite the nice young man! He is SO sweet, so playful, everybody loves him.

As for Ghost and her driving... we had taken some time off to sort out some bridling issues. She was always a bit edgy with blinders on. She was a rescue case so I don't blame her for wanting to know what's sneaking up on her before it jumps into her field of vision. So been using an open bridle for a while. But she strongly disliked that thick snaffle bit that came with her harness, so once we ditched the nutcracker and replaced it with a half cheek french link copper mouthed bit, she's been FABULOUS!!!! Aaaaaand while I was on a shopping spree, I decided she needs a new bridle too. Don't need blinders, I don't like checkreins and neither does she, so while we're going for a plain ol' open bridle (we have absolutely no intention on showing), you know what let's jazz it up a bit!!!!!
default_laugh.png

So here's Ghost demonstrating her love affair with her new bit, and showing off that flashy headstall.
default_smile.png

GhostieDrivingFun009crop.jpg

GhostieDrivingFun008.jpg

GhostieDrivingFun007.jpg

Ghost also has a big crush on Mr. Breeching. Although you can't quite see the incline from the angle of the pic, it was plenty steep enough that Ghost was quite thankful to have some brakes.
default_wink.png

GhostieDrivingFun011.jpg

Trotting up a hill! (okay... very slow jogging - I swear she is built like a western pleasure quarter horse)

GhostieDrivingFun019crop.jpg

We actually trotted all the way home AND over a speed bump, boy was that FUNNN!!!! But there aren't any more trotting pics cuz my mom was the one taking pics and she couldn't keep up with us. lol!!
default_xreiter.gif

Anyway, here's CHARM!!! He's almost three years old, I can't believe it.

BarnParelliRide039.jpg

Love

BarnParelliRide060.jpg

BarnParelliRide028crop.jpg

We've been doing some fun liberty work, Charm's doing great!!! Here we are trotting without a lead...

BarnParelliRide062.jpg

Okay, then what began as "training" turned into "how much is Charm really willing to do for a carrot?"
default_rolleyes.gif

BarnParelliRide064.jpg

Here's a short 15 second clip of us just playing. Training session long gone, running around for fun. I think he's pretty cute!

Sorry it's not great quality, it was taken with my cell.

Any critiques/tips for harnessing on my Miss Ghostie are always appreciated!

THANKS FOR LOOKING!

default_wub.png

Very cute both of them. I love seeing them driving... and playing tag!!

I love the pictures Alex. Ghost is lookin' cool in her new headstall, and Charm has really grown up since I last saw him
default_laugh.png
default_wub.png
now how about Mr. Freedom???

Love the pictures of Ghost.
default_wub.png
Her bridle is very nice! And Charm is too cute! Love the tag game, Kassie and I do that all the time too.
default_laugh.png

I really enjoyed looking at all of your pictures!
default_smile.png

[SIZE=12pt]Wow Alex, Charm is maturing so handsomely! & Ghost is looking fit & very pretty.
default_laugh.png
[/SIZE]

I Love Miss Ghost's new headstall, and excellent choice of a new bit.
default_yes.gif
Your harnessing looks very good,
default_aktion033.gif
the only thing i *might* change would be dropping the breeching down an inch or two, but it's not bad at all. Also the harness saddle might be more comfortable if it was back an 1/2 inch to an inch farther back. It may be good where it is though, as long as it's not interfering with Ghost's shoulder movement it's fine. Similar to placement of a riding saddle on a big horse.
default_wink.png
Other then that the breat collar looks really good, though with the traces you may want to run the through the breeching loop, even that though is minor. Here is a picture from Regency Miniatures, showing what I mean:

image004.jpg

Other then that keep up the good work, she look fabulous & happy! & Charm is adorable, we play tag here too.
default_biggrin.png

Finally! Pictures of Charm! I have been waiting quite some time to see how he is growing up. What a gorgeous boy he is.
default_wub.png
He still reminds me of Bailey. Has he fully recovered fro having braces on now?

I love your pictures of Ghost too. Driving looks so much fun and I'm glad you have her bridle and bit sorted out.

Are you looking at getting Charm into harness also?

Good to see you posting again. I missed your updates!

xox Leonie xox

They look great!
default_aktion033.gif
I'd pad that harness saddle, put it a little further back and lower the breeching a tad but everything looks pretty good in general and I love your new bridle.
default_wub.png
You've got great posture too!

Love the photo of Charm galloping.
default_wink.png

Leia

They both look great. Ghost looks very happy in the cart, and proud of her pretty bridle! I have one who loves playing tag too, it's our favorite game!

How lucky your horses are to have you.
default_wub.png
You look so sweet and happy with both of them.

Awww....I miss you and your horses!!!! Everyone looks great - and look at how long your hair is!!!! LOL!!! Hope all is well with you!

Liz R.

Thank you for the compliments, everyone. I just love these little ones so much!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

I will definitely try that with the breeching next time we harness, lowering it and running the traces through that loop. I had a feeling that I might need a pad for that saddle. WHOOO another thing I get to shop for!
default_aktion033.gif
Thanks so much for the advice Ashley and Leia, just want Ghostie to be as comfortable as possible.

default_yes.gif
Charm's bite stayed straight after the braces, he's doing great! I definitely want to start driving him, but he's gonna need all his own new stuff cuz he's just a little shrimp! Ghost is 36" and he is 31.5" ... he couldn't fit in her stuff if he tried lol!

Liz, you gotta come down some time and see my babies! There's a mini show in the Equestrian Center the 18-19, I think I'll be there with Freedom. You should join us!

Thank you for the compliments, everyone. I just love these little ones so much!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

default_yes.gif
Charm's bite stayed straight after the braces, he's doing great! I definitely want to start driving him, but he's gonna need all his own new stuff cuz he's just a little shrimp! Ghost is 36" and he is 31.5" ... he couldn't fit in her stuff if he tried lol!
I'm so glad to hear that he recovered so well after his braces incident. What a little trooper he is! I also have the same height issues with Bailey and Willow. Willow is already 35 inches tall and she's only 19 months old! Bailey is now 2 1/2 years old and he only measures in at 30 inches!

Charm reminds me of Bailey so much! Cute and fuzzy and little characters.

xox Leonie xox

Latest posts

Back