New kids! Updated!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErikaS.

Reaction score
My fainter doe had quadruplets last night during a horrendous thunderstorm. Fortunately, I had decided THAT day to put her in the kidding pen a day earlier than she was due. I expected to have to wait ten days. All are healthy, one is a bit small. One looks to have a contracted tendon on his hind fetlock from being squished tight in utero. I'm waiting on my vet to call me back about that.

Sorry, my husband took the camera to work before I could download pics:( Will update later.

Mama (Bella) with new babies shortly after birth:(It was 11pm and the only light was a lantern)
IMG_1536-1.jpg
IMG_1542.jpg
IMG_1538.jpg

Day old kids:

IMG_1550.jpg
IMG_1554.jpg
IMG_1560.jpg
IMG_1567.jpg

Another note: the fetlock straightened out on its own (you were right miniv:))

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully your little goat will be like our foals .... For us, 90% of the time, their legs straighten up with a few days of stretching and exercise.

Looking forward to pics! Love seeing baby goats....
default_yes.gif

Cant wait to see pictures!!!!

I have four more pygmy does left to go...

I figure they will be today or tomorrow since Im at work and no one is at home!!!

I am so in love with your babies.
default_wub.png
default_yes.gif
default_smile.png
Oh how I would love to have goats again. I think my husband my take my head off if I suggest building another building, pen and play area for goats.
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back