New Journal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iowa

Reaction score
I got the Feb/March issue of the Journal and I think it is great! Not only is it on time, it also has (finally) some pertinant articles in it. There was also a new look on the Area news pages and some of the other ones. Not quite sure if the paper was heavier, but seemed like it. All in all a refreshing change. Thanks to the AMHR board and the Journal staff for listening to the member needs. Great job, Betty!

I agree the Feb/March issue is great! it was nice to finally see some articles in there. I am still waiting on the Dec/Jan issue but I am sure it will be here any day now so I will have lots of reading to catch up on
default_yes.gif

I agree the Feb/March issue is great! it was nice to finally see some articles in there. I am still waiting on the Dec/Jan issue but I am sure it will be here any day now so I will have lots of reading to catch up on
default_yes.gif
I just got my Dec/Jan issue yesterday, so I am hoping I get the Feb/March issue today!
default_yes.gif
default_rolleyes.gif

Got my new Journal and what a difference.I agree that the quality of the paper is better and the contents.OMG It is amazing.The articles are great.The previous magazines had so little content I could read the entire issue in about 30 minutes or less.I am still not finished with this issue after several hours.Way to go Betty.!!! thanks to the Board for getting Betty on board as editor.I was so disappointed when Showcase folded.I was so looking forward to the rest of the articles of the Brewer Family and their contribution to the Miniature world.I love reading articles about the old great Miniatures and especially Shetlands that formed the foundation of our present breeds.Keep up the good work Betty.I for one really appreciate your efforts.

default_no.gif
Nothing yet either.(And I live in Illinois
default_wacko.png
) Really looking forward to both editions. Kudos to the Journal for stepping up and moving forward.

I just got both issues in Tuesday's mail. Just starting to read them.

We are all caught up on our Journals and WOW the Feb Journal is WONDERFUL!!
default_aktion033.gif
I enjoyed seeing the HIGH QUALITY Page ~ Beautiful HIGH QUALITY Gloss to the pictures, the added articles, information on the things going on with the registry, I am really excited with this Journal
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah Thank You So Much!!!!

I received both my Journals on Monday and I can really see a BIG difference. The paper is heavier and although I am sure this new gal will do a fine job...I liked the Dec/Jan issue much better and I am still missing AmyR for her many years of service to us!
default_aktion033.gif
...She will and IS missed here. We will see what this new gal can do after a year on the job. I thought the content wasn't up to par, the paper is wayy to heavy(making up for lack of content so it appears full of information),the cover was glossy and I saw a number of mistakes. All in all it takes a lot to be a good editor and I must give her credit for trying! Sorry for being a wet blanket here, but I am biased AR!

Jenny

Jenny I so agree with what you posted.

I do not like the flat black font on the cover (that says the journal) Just doesnt look professional. Not a fan of the new font for titles.

The articles are generic articles mostly pulled off the internet. With so many knowledgeable and talented members I would rather read their articles.

I do not think that the ad/article ratio could have been met which means mailing will cost ASPC/AMHR much more.

Not a fan of the article pictures that were used either. Again we have so many members that I am sure would furnish pictures for articles
default_smile.png

Why is the presidents corner gone? I was looking forward to hearing from our new president.

Got both Journals day before yesterday. What a treat. I know it was late, but it sure was fun to see the National Results. LOVED Erickas' add. I keep going back to it.

No comparison for me. The Feb far surpasses the old one. I feel that it is now worthy to showcase our miniature horses. Sure there was not as much stuff in it as the Dec. was all National stuff. But, with everyone cutting back on advertising and becoming so disgusted with the time element, I think she pulled in a lot of advertisers, with color.

At first I thought the fonts on the name of the horse on the cover(Feb) were off, but then I don't know. My eye keeps going back to it and although I don't usually even look at it if it is a pony on the front,let alone remember it, I will never forget Phantom of the Opera. So I don't know if it was put that way to catch your eye. That is why we advertise.

For those who complain about it not have enough ads. get out your check book,

HI ,

I have both of my Journals also , and I think the March Journal is wonderful !! It is nice to have articles folks have been asking for. Something more than ads..

As for the Black font , I have several old Journals with this same thing. And Kay the Pres. did write his column PAGE 4, you must of rushed right by , It is even listed in the Table of Contents..
default_biggrin.png
''

It is a change and Betty did a great job , I know there are those that will Miss Amy , but lets not just look for things to tear down our new Editor who did a great job on her first Edition..
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

I received both my Journals on Monday and I can really see a BIG difference. The paper is heavier and although I am sure this new gal will do a fine job...I liked the Dec/Jan issue much better and I am still missing AmyR for her many years of service to us!
default_aktion033.gif
...She will and IS missed here. We will see what this new gal can do after a year on the job. I thought the content wasn't up to par, the paper is wayy to heavy(making up for lack of content so it appears full of information),the cover was glossy and I saw a number of mistakes. All in all it takes a lot to be a good editor and I must give her credit for trying! Sorry for being a wet blanket here, but I am biased AR!

Jenny
I couldn't disagree with you more......sorry. We are in the media/publishing business and in my opinion the new magazine looked wonderful. I thought it was packed with terrific articles and beautiful ads. I think Betty is off to a great start.
default_aktion033.gif

I couldn't disagree with you more......sorry. We are in the media/publishing business and in my opinion the new magazine looked wonderful. I thought it was packed with terrific articles and beautiful ads. I think Betty is off to a great start.
default_aktion033.gif

I agree heartily. Change takes time and patience to adjust to, and what we are seeing is the change and transition to a more readable format. Big fan of the larger fonts, and beautiful advertising. The ads just seem so much brighter, bigger, and more stunning. Kudos to Betty......with her experience and talent The Journal is entering a new era.

Jenny I so agree with what you posted.

Why is the presidents corner gone? I was looking forward to hearing from our new president.
I could have sworn I saw something in there by Pat I will have to look again. Yes Kay it is right there on page I think it is 4. Guess you can not please everyone but the fact i got the magazine on time .. is a great start

Betty has great experience with magazines in the industry and short of the couple people here I have not heard anyone who did not like the new issue.

Taking personal liking for Amy out of the equation can be difficult but I think that the Journal is off to a great start with the new editor and I look forward to seeing more of her work.

In fact Raven and I were discussing that we will start advertising again

Last edited by a moderator:
I just looked the new issue over on line and I vote
default_aktion033.gif
I have never been a big fan of the Journal because it seemed to be basically a catalog. By that I mean it was all ads and show results. While that is interesting once (or twice a year a best) I don't look forward to reading it over and over. The new format with articles suits my tastes much better. Well done to the new editor and her staff!

Does anyone have the number to AMHR? I need to call them about some paperwork.

I've tried 309 236 4404 and it squeals in my ear and tells me that number has been disconnected.

I have not gotten either Journal yet.

Does anyone have the number to AMHR? I need to call them about some paperwork.

I've tried 309 236 4404 and it squeals in my ear and tells me that number has been disconnected.

I have not gotten either Journal yet.

Try 309 263-4044 I think you may have transposed a couple of numbers if you actually dialed what you posted.

Latest posts

Back