New horses have arrived from Ohio

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle_E.

Reaction score
Just an update on the horses that my girlfriend and I purchased from Ohio. They arrived a day earlier than expected
new_shocked.gif
and are thrilled that they are settling in extremely well. Carmelita and her 3 month old foal (filly) and Crystal got off the transport yesterday morning around 11 a.m. Got them settled in, they ate and drank and then I introduced my Abby (mini mare) to them. Well it was a little wild for the first 5 minutes, Abby thought it was WONDERFUL to have new friends but she also wanted to explain to them that she is the diva of the place, lol. So I carefully watched their antics and running and then all calmed down. I put fly masks on all of them and left them to get better acquainted. Last evening when I came to feed their evening grain ration they all behaved beautifully and Abby REFUSED to come into the barn. These new girls have never been stalled so I thought I would house them in our "cover-all" building (18 feet x 30 feet). Well miss Abby absolutely and unequivocally refused to leave them last night and so she stayed out in the "cover-all" with them. I will get some pics later and post.

Thank you once again to All Points Transport for taking such good care of the "girls" and getting them here safe and sound
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonderful news, and I am glad everyone is settling in. Got to love the Diva, Abby. Looking forward to the pictures

Danielle,

I'm so glad that you loved the horses and they are fitting in great! I know they will have a wonderful home with you and Val. Both of you were were the best to deal with and I'm glad not only did I sell the mares to a great home but also got to get a new friend out of the deal.
wink.gif

Here are a couple of pics of "the girls", not the best pics but will take more once they have their "hair" done, lol
biggrin.gif

The girls seem very content and happy and are a joy to have around. Carmelita is a wonderful mom and doesn't mind "sharing" her baby with Crystal OR Abby.

Pic of Crystal babysitting "Alice?" (Val has decided on the registered name as "To the Moon and Back" hence the possibility of "Alice" for barn name (taken from the Jackie Gleason show for those of you who are too young to know that,
rolleyes.gif
some of us are "ancient").

CrystalandCarmletia_sbaby-1.jpg

Pic of Carmelita and Crystal (baby is hiding) and Makayla in her nighgown this evening, my 3 year old grandaughter, "supervising the girls"

Makaylaandthegirls-1.JPG

Congrats on Carmelita, I was eye balling her myself.. She is beautiful!

And the other news ones are pretty too... Enjoy!

Latest posts

Back