New Horses and Their Conformation

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elizabeth.conder

Reaction score
Hello, I have been waiting years to get my first horses and I finally did this past year. I bought a young stallion and three fillies. All are registered and two of them will be double registered. The three fillies go back to Boones Little Buckeroo and the stallion is a Phantom Storm grandson. I was told also that the black filly won Supreme as a weanling. I was just wondering if anyone could give me their opinion on their conformation? I know the colt in his winter coat makes it more difficult also since he is standing on a slope.

Thank You

The first picture is the stallion "Little America's Secret's Crescendo" (31 inches)

The second picture is "Rocky Top Aristocratic Belle Star" (32.25 inches)

The third picture is "Aristocratic Big City Flower Power" (29.75 inches)

The fourth picture is "Aristocratic Big City Rhapsody" (34 inches)

Caspian (2).JPG

IMG_1372.JPG

IMG_1367.JPG

IMG_1376.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome! thank you for posting and congratulations on your new horses. I'll leave the conformation critiques of each horse to others I just want to say how much I immediately liked this colt! I know he's hairy and I can't quite see how well his neck is set on but what a nice hip and pretty little head!

I prefer not to do critiques as I dont like to say anything negative about others' horses plus everyone has their own preferences, But I will say congratulations on your new minis and hope you have fun with them!

I really like your colt! I think when you get him clipped this Spring he will be stunning. Are you planning to show any of them?

Welcome! thank you for posting and congratulations on your new horses. I'll leave the conformation critiques of each horse to others I just want to say how much I immediately liked this colt! I know he's hairy and I can't quite see how well his neck is set on but what a nice hip and pretty little head!
Thank you

I prefer not to do critiques as I dont like to say anything negative about others' horses plus everyone has their own preferences, But I will say congratulations on your new minis and hope you have fun with them!
Thank you

I really like your colt! I think when you get him clipped this Spring he will be stunning. Are you planning to show any of them?
I'm really excited for that. I'd really like to show him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina! That's one way to enter into the miniature world...just buy the whole bag of chips in one fell swoop! LOL (For newbies, we joke that you can never own just one mini. They're like chips and you always want more than one.)

Why were you wanting a conformation critique? Are you wanting to show your horses? If so, at what level? Local unrated shows, breed shows, to the Nationals level? Breed them? Knowing these things might make a difference as to how they are critiqued.

Care to share any adventures you've had in this, your first year with horses...and minis? And who's your jockey?? LOL We like to know who everyone in the family is. :)

Welcome to the forum from North Carolina! That's one way to enter into the miniature world...just buy the whole bag of chips in one fell swoop! LOL (For newbies, we joke that you can never own just one mini. They're like chips and you always want more than one.)

Why were you wanting a conformation critique? Are you wanting to show your horses? If so, at what level? Local unrated shows, breed shows, to the Nationals level? Breed them? Knowing these things might make a difference as to how they are critiqued.

Care to share any adventures you've had in this, your first year with horses...and minis? And who's your jockey?? LOL We like to know who everyone in the family is. :)
I'd like to get some goals. Probably next year. I'd like to show them for sure. Probably starting lower and then working my way up. I've had all kind of fun taking them on walks and having people stunned at how small and sweet they are. They are much friendlier then I expected, to some degree they act like our dogs. I'm just curious how they look to a more experienced eye.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Horses and welcome to the forum
default_smile.png

Im also not one to critique others horses but I do like your colt and cant wait to see him shed out his foal coat.

Wishing you heaps of fun with them , they will sure keep you busy !!

Keep us posted with pics and ask away any questions you have , everyones really friendly here and will be happy to answer any questions you may have
default_smile.png

Welcome to the wonderful world of Horses and welcome to the forum
default_smile.png

Im also not one to critique others horses but I do like your colt and cant wait to see him shed out his foal coat.

Wishing you heaps of fun with them , they will sure keep you busy !!

Keep us posted with pics and ask away any questions you have , everyones really friendly here and will be happy to answer any questions you may have
default_smile.png
Thank you. I have really enjoyed learning so much. There are very few people near me that have minis so I was so thankful to find this forum.

I know nothing except what I like. I like bays, so in my eyes they are all gorgeous! I really want to pair that Rhapsody mare with my Clementine mare and have a driving pair
default_smile.png

I know nothing except what I like. I like bays, so in my eyes they are all gorgeous! I really want to pair that Rhapsody mare with my Clementine mare and have a driving pair
default_smile.png
Thanks! I'm planning on training her to drive to. She has a really nice stride.

Latest posts

Back