New horse pictures (Finally)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

New_Image

Here is my "rescue" Thoroughbred.

His name is Wackem and hes a 17.1 hand sweet heart.

I think we are making decent progress getting his weight up, We started actually feeding him April 26th when we took him over. Not looking to bad for 10 days later
default_biggrin.png
His personality is 100 times happier. We had his teeth done, feet are getting done this week yet.

April 26th -

WackemApril23.jpg

RearApril23.jpg

Now these were taken today -

May52008-1.jpg

May52008.jpg

LeftsideMay5.jpg

FaceMay5.jpg

I think you can see in a few of the recent pictures big bald spots on his rear, hip, shoulders and chest. We aren't sure what it is or why he is doing it, Maybe just a case of malnutrition/ hasn't been groomed since fall/ shedding/ rain rot?

He'll be getting a bath this week weather pending.

He is already looking better! I am sure he is much happier, he surely is a handsome boy!!

I can't wait to see him when he gains even more weight and gets a healthier coat on him
default_smile.png

Good luck!! Your doing a great job!

He looks so much more perky now
default_yes.gif
Your doing a fantastic job!!!!!!!!! He has such expression in his face! I love it
default_wub.png

Nice! He is looking good, I can see a huge difference. Keep taking pictures, and in a month, you will be amazed. Keep up the great work!
default_yes.gif

Alicia

The owner of the facility still says he needs blood work and an ultra sound because she is SURE he has health reasons behind the weight drop, and she convinced animal control of this as well.

I am sure he has no health reasons, iThree flakes a day and a scoop of sweet feed may have fed his left hind leg....

His previous owner sure isn't happy they were forced to give up their first horse over something maybe as simple as the boarding facility not feeding properly.

Last edited:
WAY to go Nichole!!! He looks so much better than he did....
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Good job Nic and cheers!

This will take months to fix but you are soooo on the right track. Rain rot is my thoughts too.

Don't forget to clean out his weenie....
default_biggrin.png

Three flakes of hay and one scoop of feed per day? That's it?
default_new_shocked.gif

Reminds me of a story I think Mark Twain once told. Something about a guy who had this idea that a horse could live on nothing but air. He had it all worked out how to wean them down to it. Problem was, the animals kept inconveniently dying before he managed to get them there!
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png

He has a very sweet face.
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back