New Horse? But...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgjohnson0731

Reaction score
I live on about an acre of land, and I have the money, time, and knowledge for a mini horse. Unfortunately, with the township regulations, my mini horse would only get about 1/10 of an acre--definitely not enough space. Petition here: getpetition.com/petitions/allow-miniature-horses-to-live-in-jackson-townshipoh
Thank You!

Last edited by a moderator:
I live on about an acre of land, and I have the money, time, and knowledge for a mini horse. Unfortunately, with the township regulations, my mini horse would only get about 1/10 of an acre--definitely not enough space. Petition here: getpetition.com/petitions/allow-miniature-horses-to-live-in-jackson-townshipoh

Thank You!
I wish you luck, but do not understand why your township would recognize signers from out of your state or community?

Last edited by a moderator:
1/10 of an acre would be roughly 4,356 square feet. I'm wondering why this isn't enough space for a mini horse? That would be 50'x85' area. Thats a pretty big area for a mini horse. I have two minis in a 2,500 square foot area and they are perfectly happy. Many people house riding horses in 32'x32' stalls. With daily exercise (as simple as lunging in your 1/10 acre area or taking them for a walk) I think they would be quite happy.

The most common reason for towns keeping livestock off of property lines is flies. So even though some dogs get bigger than minis, they still attract a full size horse worth of flies.

I'm not saying I'm against you in any way, I just think that you have plenty of room to keep your mini already. Plus, once your neighbors see how cute it is you can start to fudge on the 50' rule ;) Best of luck!

Back