New Here and New In Minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coleen

Reaction score
I am new to this site and have had mini horses for about 1 year. I have one mini mare who is pregnant with a baby and a yearling colt. They are both grayish brown and have blonde mains and tails. I also have two dogs and a cat. I am from Athens, OH. Nest year I think I want to take my minis out and show them. I show big horses in 4H some when I was a kid. I want to know people near me that can help me learn and do better with minis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi and welcome here from Virginia
bye.gif

I go to Ohio on business a few times a year
default_smile.png

You will find a lot of nice people on this message board
default_yes.gif

Welcome Coleen!
default_saludando.gif
I'm not in your area but I'm sure that someone who is will find your post and be able to help you.
default_biggrin.png
In the meantime, feel free to ask questions on the forum here and browse around for info! Hope you enjoy it here!

Welcome Aboard!!!

Are your little ones registered? If so, there is probably a mini horse club affiliated with one of those registries that you may want to join up with. A lot of the mini clubs sponsor horse shows through out the Spring and Summer.

Welcome from Little Folks Farm in Connecticut. I'm sure you will find someone near you that can help you. Lots of great folks around with miniatures and you can learn a lot from this Forum. I presently have 10 miniatures.

Joyce

A very warm welcome from sunny Arizona! Minis are so fun and you will find a lot of interesting info here about all kinds of subjects related with them.

I have about a dozen Minis at this time. (I really only got my first one as a pet. That didnt last long!)

Welcome from Maine
default_saludando.gif
:salute
default_saludando.gif
The world of miniature horses is a very wonderful and VERY ADDICTING world to be in!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
I also am new this year and already have 3-2 mares, both pregnant and a stud! You will soon see that it's true what they say--They are like potato chips, you can't have just one!!!!!
default_wub.png
:wub
default_biggrin.png
Have jun and enjoy your new best friends!!!!!!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif

I would suggest finding a local club to join, go to a few shows, and ask a lot of questions. People are pretty receptive to beginners, just make sure they aren't preparing for a class. You can almost everything you need to know from watching. You might want to offer to help someone while there. Nothing like hands-on experience. Congrats on taking on this new adventure.

Welcome from Utah!!!
default_saludando.gif

I agree with the simple life farm. The fastest way you'll learn about showing is to actually go witness it. They offer halter, in-hand obstacle, driving obstacle, driving (3 different styles), roadster, chariot, jumping, hunter, liberty, costume and many more. So its easier to watch these classes and then see which you may be confident in doing/training for.

Hi Colleen...
default_saludando.gif
I am from the Dayton, Ohio area!!! Welcome!!!

Try this link..Mid America Miniature horse club..I used to be a member and they are GREAT people and will help you with your questions on showing...

http://www.mamhc1.com/index.htm

Welcome! I am in Ohio as well, not to far from you actually, hopefully we can meet at a show, feel free to ask any questions if you need help getting into showing ..i am more then happy to help you out since we are so near by
default_smile.png

Welcome to the world of minis
default_laugh.png

Welcome Colleen,

Very exciting that you've got at least 2 people nearby just from the forum! I've also only had minis about a year, and finding some local people who were willing to mentor me and just be sounding boards for my questions, plus becoming addicted to this forum, have been the best connections ever.

Welcome from Southwestern Ontario in Canada.

You will be very happy you found this forum. Everything you wanted to know about miniature horses can be learned here.

A lot of very knowledgeable owners who are eager to help when one of us is in trouble or puzzled, you just have to ask the question
default_wink.png

Our numbers will be at 25 at the end of August.

We are striving to have all our stock at around the 30 inch mark.

We have had miniatures since 1991.

Welcome...so good to see new people joining this crowd of mni lovers. This forum has been the best place for me to learn and I'm sure it will be for you too.

Latest posts

Back