New girls

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tshack

Reaction score
I thought I'd share a few pics of my new girls

Mythical Rue AMHR reg trying to decide on a barn name

She's reg as a dun, but I think she's really a cremello

rue1.jpg

rue2.jpg

Megan, AMHR/AMHA papers need to be sent in

Pinto, but the spots make me think tobiano???? Or what would you call it?

megan2.jpg

megan1.jpg

megan3.jpg

Congratulations on your new girls. They are very pretty.

Your first one is for sure NOT cremello. She looks silver buckskin to me. All double dilutes, including cremellos, have ice-blue eyes and very pink skin everywhere.

I'm not very knowlegeable on pinto patterns. I wonder if those spots could be sabino? But again, not knowledgeable on pinto but I am very knowledgeable on double dilutes / cremello.

I agree with Jill on your first one. Silver buckskin not cremello.

Your second mare is likely homozygous for tobiano with those ink spots. She may carry another pinto pattern too with the face white.

Congratulations!

I think Rue might be a Smokey Cream. You would have to test her for it but she has the same color look as my smokey cream colt.

I think Rue might be a Smokey Cream. You would have to test her for it but she has the same color look as my smokey cream colt.
With the dark eyes and dark pigment to her skin, she cannot be smokey cream (which is a form of double dilute).

She looks like my silver buckskin stallion, I have a cremello that is all white and skin is pink all over including around eyes.

Thanks everyone, in looking at the various colors on the net, i'm now thinking rue is a champagne? She has the pinkish pigment around her eyes, on her muzzle, and her bag and under her tail. Only thing is her muzzle has dark spots, not sure what you'd call 'em in a horse but on a JRT they are called ticking. It's just on her muzzle though. Her eyes are a neat looking hazel color too.

Thanks for the pinto info too, I'm gonna have to check into it.

I agree with Becky, I'd say those spots are ink spots, paw prints, whatever you want to call them, but definitely a tobiano trait.

Congratulations on your pretty new girls! I think the first mare might be a champagne!! She is not a DD bule she does look to have a lighter than black pigmented skin! I believe there is now a test for it so you han test her to find out for sure.

And since you'll me testing her, you could also test the other mare for homozygous pinto.
default_wink.png
Also, I have to do a double take when I saw that one photo of the pinto mare...she looked like she had a funky pom-pom type tail with that spikey plant in the background!
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back