New girl in town!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would bet all year for the sun mask, my "eye" pony had to wear it all year. I have a pony with lupus on his nose and he has to wear a nose guard all year per the vet because of the UV thing. And if you get snow, the light glare can be irritating. Glad she is being good for the eye treatments. Her good eye (left?) does look good. Did the vet mention Aspirin therapy if it is uveitis?
She's a lively little thing!

I would bet all year for the sun mask, my "eye" pony had to wear it all year. I have a pony with lupus on his nose and he has to wear a nose guard all year per the vet because of the UV thing. And if you get snow, the light glare can be irritating. Glad she is being good for the eye treatments. Her good eye (left?) does look good. Did the vet mention Aspirin therapy if it is uveitis?
She's a lively little thing!

No, he mention Bute, but I've never needed it for my others, so I didn't see a need to buy a bottle that I may never get through. Plus, I've always heard that long term use of Bute is bad for gut health.
I did forget to ask if uveitis causes pain & if I should give her something for it.

How do you even pronounce that word?? I always add an "L". Lol

She needs her teeth done, so I'll see if he does that & ask about pain from uveitis.

Yes it can be painful :-(. I beleive the aspirin is to decrease any chronic inflamation and also help with pain. I don't kow if minis tolerate aspirin or not. My bigger mare was on a low dose for a couple of years and it helped. She had several seperate eye problems. First was a scatched eye that got a fungal infection that needed emergency surgery, then dry eyes, then probable uveitis. Everyone was on a different page about the uveitis, but in hindsight I think she had it (POA "few spot" pony)

She's looking good, a little more fit. How is her eye?

🤣
She's fatter!
😱

Been putting neosporin on the blind eye about once a week.
Other eye, I should probably use the drops again for a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back