New furkid in the family

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minih

Reaction score
My daughter Chasta works for a vet, and from work she adopted another pug that someone was having to give away. Her name is Sweety, she is approx 15-16 months old, been spayed already, microchipped, house trained, etc......she just fits right in. My boxer Angel thinks she is the greatest since our other pug Bunny is 7 and not very much fun to play with so this new one is just like a live toy. They are best buds. Kinda funny to see a little 16 pound pug chase a 65 pound boxer thru the house.
default_smile.png
I felt really sorry for the people that had to find her a new home, the man was 71 and his wife is 85, the pup was scratching up his wifes arms and legs because some meds were making her skin so thin. I felt very sorry for the man, he is the one that brought Sweety to my duaghter and he was upset when he handed her over. He was happy she was going to a good home tho. Getting older just is not nice all the way around. Seems like everything is hard.

I tried to take a picture of them all sitting together, but Sweety has not learned the command "sit" yet......
default_rolleyes.gif

Group pic gone bad

here is one when we gave up trying to take a pic and let them play

play time

and here is one of Sweety by herself

Sweety

Oh my gosh!!! Look at that big doggy smile on her face in the last picture!!!
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

She is SO CUTE
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Glad that she has found a great home. Maybe in time send the older gentlemen a picture and update on how she is doing.

Congratulations......

Hmmmmmm........I can see it now. In a few years Chasta will need a ten acre yard for all her critters.
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

No, the two little pugs stay home at our groomers. Bunny is way too noisy to take and they both are very hyper in a vehicle, not to mention pugs shed aaaalllloooottt. Sweety will just be company for Bunny while we are gone.

Maybe in time send the older gentlemen a picture and update on how she is doing.
Good thing about it they know how to get in touch with Chasta anytime. She told him when he brought Sweety to her that they could come by and visit whenever they wanted, but he thought at the time it would be too hard. Time will tell, we will do whatever they need to help.

Hmmmmmm........I can see it now. In a few years Chasta will need a ten acre yard for all her critters
Bonnie, I already told her that is the very last one she is bringing home now. We can't save them all. You think she listened?
default_mlala.gif

Awww...what a cutie pie!! That's great that they all get along. Good bunch of snuffle noses you have there! I'm sure it was very comforting to the gentleman and his wife that their baby has gone to a great home where Sweety was welcomed to the pack.

Sounds and LOOKS like "the right fit" for all of you! (LOVE that last photo of her!)
default_wub.png

[SIZE=12pt]Congratulations... and thank goodness that you were able to take her in to your home. I'm certain that's been a reassuring factor for the poor elderly gentleman and his wife since they had to give her up.[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]I can't imagine how heartbreaking that must have been for them.[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
The lady called and checked on Sweety after a couple of days to make sure everything is ok. We told her everything is fine, but we are having an issue with her. They had her on some of the worst possible dog food, the first ingredient is ground corn, and when we switched her over to ours (my dog is allergic to corn) it has stripped her little system. Chasta took her to the vet with her yesterday and he checked her for worms and found none, but we have her on a bland diet over the weekend nothing but chicken and rice, and yogurt. Hopefully she will start having normal poops soon. She seems happy every other way tho.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back