New Foster Mini donkey

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdomep

Reaction score
Here is a picture of my new Foster Jenny
laugh.gif
My best friend "loaned" her to me to keep my Willy company. She is 6 months old and I got to name her Priscilla's Pink Passion (her Jack is 5 months old and he is Elvis) LOL

and she is planning on breeding them in a few years- she is absolutely beautiful!

2fcaec80.jpg

Priscilla

304c8970.jpg

Elvis (check out his sideburns)
wink.gif

My question is that she seems very sensitive in her hind end - whenever I touch her back area she hunches down - is this normal?? Can I desinsitize this area?? Thanks for any help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmmm, not sure about the sensitive part. My jack LOVES to have his "cheeks" scratched. They do take a lot of patience. They do things on their own time. She is a really cute little girl!

Yes that is common...Both of the mini donkeys have done that But after a time noe stopped in about 2 years...The one I have now is a 2 year old but I have only had him for a few months and he Still hunches down....I think it is a way of saying "I don't quite trust you yet" ...Something like that,,,But here is 2 for the record so what I just stated I am just guessing that is what it is...I don't think it is bacuse he has not been brushed or handled...Mine is 2 years old and came from a family that had some kids, so I think he is just not yet ready to accept me yet Donkeys take time to trust...BUT once they do they are pals for life... Good luck on your 2 cuties~!!!

Yes, sinking down is very common in mini donkeys. They do that right away from birth. We do LOTS of handling with our little ones to get them over that, all our babies get over that quite quickly with all the handling. The donkeys we've purchased, some do that, and when they are older, it takes longer to get over that. It's just a donkey quirk.

Jenny

Latest posts

Back