New foal today!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky

Reaction score
I had a new filly born this morning
default_aktion033.gif
and her color pattern is interesting to say the least! Her sire is my chestnut tovero stallion, Redrock Magic Maker who is homozygous for tobiano and carries splashed white and likely sabino.

7-07MagicMaker.jpg

Her dam is Redrock Little Blossom, black bald faced splashed white/sabino mare.

2-07LittleBlossom1.jpg

The filly is solid white with her only color being black in her tail and a black spot on her right front heel. I believe she's black and white but will test for agouti. I wonder if her pattern besides tobiano is splashed white or sabino or both??? She is LWO negative as both parents are. I was hoping for a colorful filly from this cross and never dreamed I'd get so much white!

Pics of the filly later when she's up on her legs better.

I sure don't have the answer to your question, Becky- but Congrats to you! I will be anxious to see photos sometime!

Peggy

Congratulations on your newest addition! Cant wait to see pics!

The whole "color" thing amazes the heck out of me and really makes foaling time that much more exciting, I would imagine. I know I only had the one foal to deliver this year and was excited to get my bay overo colt out of his blue roan dam. Her first foal in 2007 was a blue roan like her but he has a star and snip with one blue eye like his sire who is the bay frame overo, so ..... I guess we never know
default_rolleyes.gif

I've really come to love those pinto patterns!!!!!
default_wub.png

That sounds like a MAJOR "HEAD SCRATCHER" for color, to me! You've just GOT to post pictures!
default_laugh.png

I'm not an expert by any means, but I would also guess, from your description and seeing the parents that she is an unusual combination of Tobiano, Splash, and Sabino. PICS!!!
default_biggrin.png

Wow! I have no idea what that would be!! Most likely there are a couple things going on there. Can't wait to see pictures, this should be interesting.

Congrats on such an interesting baby. Judging by her parents I know she's beautiful. :love

Kelly

I would bet shes a maximum expression splash/sabino

congrats!

Back