New Foal - Colour Question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helen

Reaction score
Well, my new colt came into this world 19 days early, but everything is fine. I believe he is a TRUE tobiano, but am a bit confused. If someone would offer to post his picture, I will e-mail it to you, otherwise I will describe him.

He is a b/w. The only white he has is about a four to five inch band completely around his barrel. I was rather surprised to see no white on any of his legs or on his face. His sire is a tovero - tobiano with sabino, and his dam is what I call a silvered blue roan or some may call a silver bay roan.

Is he a tobiano? Also, does anyone else have a tobiano with no white on the legs, as I have read that they HAVE to have white on the legs?

casey.jpg

Here he is!!! He looks like one of those Belted Galloway cattle, hee hee

Oh my goodness! How cute! You got yer self an "oreo cookie" boy. Congratulations

Congrats!!!! He sure is a striking color!!! Im not positive but think he could be a tobiano with all dark legs.

Congrats Helen!!

I am so glad to hear everything went ok!

-Kris

my guess is that yes he is a tobiano and he is WAY cute!

[SIZE=14pt]Im thinking he is a tobiano also. They dont HAVE to have white on the legs. You are calling him Oreo right????[/SIZE]

Lyn

Yes...."minimal" Tobianos can have all dark legs. Sure is unusual to see that much white on his body with no leg white tho. Does the other side look the same....white goes completely around his body????

I don't know what color he is but cute does describe him.

Yes...."minimal" Tobianos can have all dark legs. Sure is unusual to see that much white on his body with no leg white tho. Does the other side look the same....white goes completely around his body????
Thanks for responded Dona. Yes, the white forms a complete circle right around his middle.

They dont HAVE to have white on the legs.
Well, everything that I have read states that to be a tobiano there HAS to be some white on the leg, and that is why I was confused.  If fact, the few pictures where a horse had a solid leg, it made reference to the solid leg as being "unusual".  It was because of I was doubting that he was a tobiano, but then I couldn't figure out what else he would be.

You are calling him Oreo right????
After him being described as a "cow", "cute" and a "cookie" LOL, at least I will keep the the "c" idea going and am going to call him Casey.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back