New Filly in the herd this morning

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KrazyHorses

Reaction score
Due date was May 18th. Didn't see any big signs last night so I left her out....Woke up and there was a new baby with the herd this morning...all standing at the fence waiting for hay.

She's very cute and very tiny.

What color is she?

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

Sire: Tiger Lilly's Who's Your Daddy

www.TNTsSmallMounts.com (see stallion page)

Last edited by a moderator:
awwww, she is so cute. Could she be a buckskin? Smutty? Adorable anyways, congratulations!!

Thanks!
default_smile.png

I think the sire is called a mahogany bay...but when he's not clipped, he looks like a sooty buckskin to me. She definitely has the sooty, or smutty factor going on. She also has a black line down her back.

She's about 2 1/2 boards high when against the back of the stall. The boards are not rough cut so they measure about 5 1/2 inches. Then, take into account she's not on a hard surface....so my best guesstimate so far is 15"-16"...Momma is very protective so it is not easy getting to the foal.

Her mom is a silver bay, and the baby looks to be bay with no silver.

She is so tiny!!!

Congrats!

Andrea

Aw, she's DARLING, congratulations!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Glad everything went well.

What an easy birth!

So much for due dates...

Thank you for letting me share my excitement, and Thank You for all the nice comments.
default_smile.png

Momma and baby are amazing. They are both being very good girls about being handled. I've been able to do everything I needed to without a fight or incident...and I've even been able to spend fun-time loving and cuddling...oh, wait, I mean imprinting (LOL).
default_biggrin.png

My 2006 colt was a wild man and Momma fought me for almost 3 days everytime I needed to get a hold of him.

Latest posts

Back