New Feed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildoak

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with this feed? Very interesting, and very different than the trend towards high fat feeds. Its a 15% protein, 2% fat, and 20% fiber and is to be fed with grass hay only, no alfalfa no supplements. Website is aussielogic.com if you are interested. Someone brought me a bag to try, they make lots of great claims about its success and their literature does make a lot of sense.

Jan

I have several big horse clients who have been using it for 6+ months and really like it.

Most of the horses involved are older guys who were having problems keeping weight on.

Yes, I realize it's a low fat feed, but it's putting weight back on the old guys.

Bumping this up, anyone else have any experience with this feed?

Jan

I had some neighbors that raved about this feed. It will be interesting to see other opinions.

I've never heard of it but I did look at it on their website. Interesting concept, but I noticed that corn is the second ingredient and I won't feed my horses corn. Horses don't digest corn well and it causes digestive upsets. It's not a feed that I personally would consider using.

I noticed that corn is the second ingredient and I won't feed my horses corn. Horses don't digest corn well and it causes digestive upsets
Becky, that was a concern to me too, but the few people I have heard from that use this feed have just raved about it and since my boarders want to feed it to their gelding, I'm trying it on two of my horses as well. It's an extruded feed, looks like dog food LOL. Will let you all know how they do in a month. They weren't wild about it at first, nor about the fact that they don't get alfalfa anymore
default_biggrin.png
but seem to be eating it fine this morning.

Jan

Just curious--what is meant by no supplements? Does that mean not even mineral blocks?

What is the calcium content? Trace minerals?

It's not something I'll be buying--I doubt it is even available here--but sounds like it works for some horses.

Latest posts

Back