New farm!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hooray for positive movement in the right direction! I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties. I'm incredibly fortunate that my renters are amazing people. My ex-husband, on the other hand, must have read the same book as your former tenant... Here's to sending love and light as we move forward past negative experiences and challenges.

Seriously?!?! I can't understand how leaving would but a well-understood condition of selling. Jeepers! But Horray for your approval for resuce and teaching facility! That's so exciting! I'll come down and teach some equine emergency first aid courses for you :)

Oh that's so cool! Probably one of the coolest places in Alberta! The jets are pretty amazing but I didn't really love them going mach chicken overhead while I was trying to work horses. Quite a noise! My ex-husband was military, tank driver, so I got to visit the "tank barns" at the Edmonton Garrison several times too!
When you're set up, let me know and we'll have a party!

So 6 hours, heavy sedation and 3 professional horse trainers we were unable to load our thoroughbred in the trailer. He was in a severe trailer accident a few years before we got him and has equine ptsd. Our mini would jump in and out of the trailer but we had to leave them at the old house until we can find another way. Now our donkey is lonely and crying.

Waited until dark, an open stock trailer, backed up to a hill, backfield with dirt, covered in shavings, and load him backwards! He was loaded in 20 minutes Yazhi and River are home with Butterscotch!
Fantastic problem solving!!! Way to go! That's also the technique I used the first time we put the therapy mini in an elevator...

Well we got more good news today! Even though we have 18 acres we were zoned residential. Tuesday we filed the paperwork providing evidence of Agricultural use and today the inspector did a site visit and approved our Agricultural zoning and exemption for our farm, (3 days from application to approval)! Soon we will officially be "Windsor Animal Sanctuary and Agricultural Education Center". On a side note my wife was accepted to the PhD program at University of Florida for Ethnomusicology only 30 minutes before our AG was approved! so proud of her!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back