New Family Member

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonya

Reaction score
Hi all! Wanted to share my new buddy...2 year old Rat Terrier named Ollie, we got him from New Rattitude Rescue. We picked him up this past Tuesday and he has been so great, he listens so well and is such a people pleaser (and a snuggle bug). The first day he and my other Rattie, Tanga, had some small arguments but they are already best buds. My older mix, Radar doesn't interact much with him yet but zero aggression (Radar is 17 now so doesn't interact much anyhow). It's been three days and you'd swear he's lived with us his whole life. He is a little on the thin side, maybe needs a lb, but he is also very fine boned. His foster Mom named him Ollie and my Dad's name was Olie...I think it was fate!

Ollie is the smaller Rattie without the speckles:

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS!! I looked at the pics before I read everything, and that was EXACTLY what I thought from looking at the pics. He really does look like he's been there all his life. I think he is really HOME!! What a great family he has too...both 2 and 4 legged! He sure is a beautiful boy!

he's adorable! looking at the photos of what only 4 days? one would never know he wasn't raised with Tanga! that's so cool he had your dads name too, it was meant to be!

Thanks so much everyone! That's exactly what I thought Debbie when I saw his name, it's a little different than my Dads but very close...I'll admit I've called him by my Dads name a couple times. Right now he has about a dozen toys pulled out of the toy box. He does have a mission to destroy every squeaker he can locate. When he gets tired or warm, his ears melt and fold down, he loves to be under blankets.

Back